My solution to my long loading screen issues

So I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling wow today because I was trying to transfer wow to my SSD but my SSD said “No!” Anyway, about a month or so I started to have latency issues with wow (mostly loading screens). I don’t know how it fixed it but my loading speed has gotten better.

Edit: It also helped my addons function better as well.

A less insolent SSD would be your best solution to loading times. But yeah, a clean reinstall is often good too. Gets rid of all the background junk that builds up over time.

Yea I don’t know why my SSD would not let me install wow onto it. I have nothing on it and all of my games are on my external HD

You said you tried to transfer it on the SSD, have you tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it on the SSD ?

Are you certain you have enough space? WoW has gotten pretty massive over the years. My old SSD ended up simply being too small.

I have tried both but my SSD does not let for some reason.

Absolutely. I have kept all my games on my external and I keep my other various programs to a minimum because I don’t need a lot of extra programs I don’t need. Idk maybe I am due for a factory reset.

1 Like

is there enough space available in the ssd?

Have you tried hitting it?

Or perhaps turning it on and off?

If all else fails simply accept the long load times as a chance to do ten to fifteen push ups and now you may get jacked both in game and in real life.

1 Like

Going to all SSD was a huge boost for me, in my next computer build I am going to move to M.2 drives.

How big is the SSD, and what filesystem is it formatted with?

1 Like

This was my thought… and if there isn’t anything on it, it would be simple enough just to reformat it.

WoW installs fine on SSD drives.

Just saying old installs of wow even on either type of ssd will eventually slow to sata3. As for addons well, only thing you can do is update to highest version or find alternatives. Or if they slow things to a crawl just have them on only for that type of content.

It depends what the bottleneck is. SSDs will greatly reduce the seek time, but the connection bus can still be a bottleneck. I have also seen setups where the person got minimal gains from an SSD because the CPU was the weak link.

It would be interesting if blizz had an in-game diagnostic that tracked load times for people and somehow compared it to similar hardware (again likely issue of GDPR and the rest of that). So whenever someone starts trending downward for reasons independent of hardware blizz can give feedback of like addons causing excessive loadtimes, firmware issues/inefficiency, old install. And then again give people like a percentile (based on their hardware) how far away they are from dev expectations on decent play.

However given the fuss about ssd being a hard requirement, which then later became a soft req for SL. That probably won’t go down well either. Would just be another outcry of blizz incentivizing e-waste.