My solution to make each expansion more engaging

Make currency unique to each expansion!!! Otherwise ppl have nothing to work towards. There is only so much gearing you can do…

What are you even talking about? we get a new damned currency or two every single patch as well as an expansion specific currency.

Artifact Power
War Resources
Titan Residuum
Azerite
Anima
Stygia
Valor/Honor/Conqeust
Stygian Embers
Catalogue Research

The list goes on. If anything we need far fewer currencies.

4 Likes

This.
Getting legendary is already up to two currencies, and supposedly a third one on the way?
We’re in a currency overload ATM.

1 Like

I think the OP is talking about some kind of “gold” reset each expansion. So the millions you made in WoD and Legion can’t carry you thru the future expansions and you are forced to regrind gold every one.

i’d rather they make gear more-useful to each expansion. like, you need warm clothes for northrend, more open-clothes for uldum, clothes that let magic-flow for outland, etc.

you could still wear whatever gear you want, just you’d get little bonuses for wearing specific stuff.

bad example: wearing an outland robe in northrend? nothin happens. wearing a northrend one up there? you cast faster, or spells can’t be delayed (or both!).

…i won’t lie, i totally got this idea from zelda:botw.

1 Like

Yes, and a way to exchange currencies for other currencies. Yes I am talking about you, 15,000 apexis crystal things.

Fun fact: Shadowlands had more currencies before the first patch than any other expansion had for their entire duration.