My returning thoughts after 3 days of free game time

I am unable to post in general chat for some reason. Posting here is it was most relevant since i spent the most time on it.

I received 3 free days of game time. Unfortunately as a trucker my time to game is few and far between so I was only able to play 1 day of that. But, it was enough to remind me why I canceled my account.

I will start with the good, the cinematics for the new patch were killer. Loved it, even if it was a bit on the nose.

The class design is horrible. It’s so boring. Also the azerite armor locks you into a spec. So i couldn’t change specs if i wanted to. At least with legion each spec gets its own weapon, why doesn’t the armor change if you change spec. I heard something about carrying multiple sets of armor, screw that. That is just a pain in the back. If I had the time to raid competitively, maybe, but I am not going to carry multiple sets of armor for leveling up or running around casual.

My main problem is the class design. It has never been so bland. It is literally a rotation now, in the past the “rotation” was a priority based system of buttons, no more, now it’s just whatever you have resources for that’s off cooldown. I really enjoyed marksman back in WoD, and survival in Wrath. Why is bliz so against returning to old and loved playing styles? Marks in legion was very bad but at least it required thought. My moonkin and warlock are just as boring.

Pathfinder is a real pain in the back. I really hate this stuff. I don’t have much time to play, I may get 5-10 days a month to play for a few hours at a time, the requirements for reputations alone put pathfinder out of my reach, I don’t have the time or inclination to farm it. This also goes for unlocking the Zandalari Trolls. I wanted to unlock them and transfer my moonkin into one. In fact I spent most of my 1 day finishing up the zuldazar loremaster and hit revered just as I finished it only to find I need to be exalted.

And the war campaign being required is good and all but i have no idea how to progress it. I think it has something to do with the garrison table and if that’s true, screw it. If it’s time gated like that i won’t have the time to finish it. I need to be able to do it all at once. Not only does having limited time makes me disinclined to farm, but the boring classes do too. I miss the days where I would just run around and kill stuff because the rotation was fun and I enjoyed it.

This is my opinion and feelings about my 3 free days of game time. I will not be renewing my subscription at this time.