My Retribution Build for Twisted Corridors +8

So I finished Twisted Corridors +8 two days ago, with an item level around 200, and zero failed runs. Just thought I’d share my build as Retribution. (Mostly Avenging Wrath build.)

Gear: Mad Paragon (Not 100% sure if it stacks with anima power, but 30% damage is strong.)
Gladiator’s Medallion. (Can remove for bosses without disables.)
Stack Versatility Gear

Talents: Righteous Verdict, Blade of Wrath, Blinding Light, Unbreakable Spirit, Seraphim(necessity), Healing Hands, Crusade (also necessity).

Covenant: Kyrian.
Ven’ari: Cordial / Appreciative

Anima Powers
Must haves:

1. Badge of the Mad Paragon
  2. Coldheart Plume (could arguably be #1.)
  3. Small Smooth Spike
  4. HP increasers (you need 80k HP minimum, don’t pick baseline Obleron Endurance over a good rare/epic unless it’s Secret Spices or 45% Obleron.)

So good it’s almost necessary.

1. Mark of Conkquest
  2. Golden Plume
  3. Words of Incomprehensible Glory (with mass haste it is a stunlock)
  4. Ring of Unburdening
  5. Soulsteel Hasp
  6. Highlord’s Invocation (use this to grab Eye for an Eye, which is much stronger than it seems against physical damage enemies.)
  7. Obleron of Versatility x 3

Awesome Animas

1. Shard of Milkglass
  2. Highlord’s Ultimatum
  3. Strigidium
  4. Of Dusk and Dawn
  5. Big Clapper
  6. Ember of the Carillon
  7. Highlord’s Legacy
  8. Highlord’s Lesson
  9. Highlord’s Mythos
  10. Highlord’s Cypher
  11. Parliament Stone

Stat Dumps

1. Obleron of Versatility
  2. Ancient Writ of Order
  3. Shattered Gauntlet
  4. Vestige of Hope
  5. Obleron Haste/Crit/Mastery/Venom
  6. Winged Medallion
  7. Radiant Essence
  8. Defiled Prayer Beads
  9. Blood Beacon
  10. Souforged Censer

Better than it looks

1. Theory of Justice
  2. Gavel of True Judgement

If there’s nothing better

1. Phial of Light
  2. Soul-Touched Spurs
  3. Soul-Touched Reigns
  4. Highlord’s Gift
  5. Thread of Beads
  6. Faintly Glowing Ember
  7. Belt of the Mawsworn Avenger

Avoid Taking

1. Pendrake’s Visor (avoid this at all costs, useless against physical, locks you out of divine shield / BoP.)
  2. Negative Energy Token (with Crusade up 100%, almost a non-power.)
  3. Pendrake’s Brooch / Locket (literally do nothing.)

So a little synopsis of what I’m aiming for:
The goal of my build is to have 100% uptime on Avenging Wrath to negate the negative effect of “Coldheart Plume”, thus maximizing damage mitigation and damage increase.

Crusade as a talent is essential for three reasons:

• If Hammer of Wrath’s cooldown is shorter than 4(might be 3) seconds, you can sustain Avenging Wrath indefinitely.
  • Faster cooldowns means better reaction time.
  • You can Stunlock bosses with the anima power Words of Incomprehensible Glory

My build maximizes damage mitigation and HP while providing incredibly high, constant DPS.

TIPS

• Seraphim benefits from Hammer of Conkquest, always use Hammer of Wrath first to receive a massive damage boost. (Shard of Milkglass may nullify this in large groups.)
  • Shard of Milkglass + Sanctified Wrath has an “exploding mawrat” combination, where each kill causes an explosion of holy damage. Good in large groups of weak enemies.
  • Eye for an Eye is useful against Ascendants, who deal devastating physical damage. Always use it when engaging Ascendants.
  • Use Hammer of Wrath on Phantasma jars, good way to keep the buff rolling longer.
  • When in doubt, kite.
  • Kill the highest damage enemy first.
  • Use Blinding Light to disable groups of enemies larger than 2 while focusing down the most dangerous target.
  • When two elite enemies are “dueling”, use taunt to peel away the non-elites watching. Sometimes you can peel away a single elite using this strategy.
  • Always make sure Hammer of Wrath is on cooldown, if you have “Small Smooth Spike”, make sure you never have 4 charges of Hammer of Wrath. Don’t be afraid to spam HoW.

That’s my build, and that’s about all I feel like typing out right now.

3 Likes

Wow, I never noticed either of these interactions, but they seem amazing.

Oh yeah I’ve got tons of good tips for the place, I even know how to trivialize the glyph chest