My RBG Rant

This was the case for me season in season 1. There was a lot of groups and as I made my way up, there were a lot of the same people playing each other. At that time there was a full page of groups always looking for people.

Now if I look for a group I might see 1 or 2 searching for people. Even the friends I made who did RBGs all the time have stopped. There is a list of reasons why but not many people have been doing them.

Remember how everyone cried in Legion that you had to “PvE for gear” because high ilvl loot required you to be high rated.

I hope they learned their lesson because blizzard cranked that knob up to 11

In Legion, PvPers didn’t have to do much PvE for gear.

Not for instanced PvP anyways.

You didn’t have to do any PvE at all, which is my point but you can still find endless threads from back then of people complaining that you did.

1 Like

The most competitive people had to do PvE, because it would give them 1% edge over the rest. PvP wasn’t as rewarding as PvE in Legion due to lower item level. Extra item level added a bit of stats.

Here’s your problem.

All the reasons you’re against Queueing RBGs (i’m guessing) are after the fact that you accept the current system of PVP in WoW.

You couldn’t, for example, just put RBGs on queue and change nothing else. I assume we all agree with that, but if you treated RBGs like a MOBA, you’d see a lot better results. Specifically this means:

1. Anyone who plays is given a ranking (this should also happen for casual BGs, and the two rankings should be seperate)
  2. There should be brackets and divisions as there are in LOL
  3. You’re sorted by rankings so that in either system you’re competing against like-built teams factoring in your ranking, you iLevel, and your history as a team

Queueing only allows deadbeats if it’s truly random. That would be a disaster. But like in MOBAs I’ve played, your rank factors in. And this would also give most incentive for people to care about the match since you rise or fall as a group, even if it is just one datum.

It still felt bad to be playing at a duelist level and getting worse ilvl gear than people doing mid range m+. Not even including the advantage in wpvp.

It wasn’t required but it definitely felt super lame. They cried in legion because it was still a garbage reward system for PvP compared to every previous system.

1 Like

Elite gear was 945 iirc if that was close to the highest.

I would boost toons and literally just queue with friends and gear it out in a couple of days and then start playing it seriously after that.

Was alt friendly, fast and fun. Probably not if you didn’t reach the rating milestones for gear upgrades.

Yeah I don’t disagree… I just meant for those reward focused people. They wanted to get as high as they could to get the highest ilvl gear available. Others quit rated altogether because they liked wpvp and doing middle of the road m+ gave better rewards than duelist level gear.

It isn’t dead; it’s on Discord.

The LFG groups you see are usually premades that are trying to fill in a spot or two.

I’m in one of the massive disc communities and we play like 3 times a week. We’re frequently able to recognize people on the other team from other discord communities. If you’re relying 100% on LFG for your RBG’s, you’re missing out big time. LFG is the tool for filling vacancies that their regulars would usually cover. Aside from the odd YOLO.

The best way to get into RBG’s is to join one of the disc servers then stay there.

1 Like

Can you recommend a few?

Or is this a Fight Club situation?

I can pass along the link to the one that I’m in! It’s against forum rules to put it here so you’ll have to mail me in-game.

Also it’s Horde only :3

Horde is the best faction tho so ndb ;D

It should be ok to post it here.

e.g.

Also communities! I was in two that were active daily up until a few months ago. All through the xpac rbgs were lively for horde until corruptions… corrupted pun intended them. Also this is mostly speaking of mid range 16-1900 rated bgers. Maybe the top rated players stopped playing earlier.

Oasis (Cherry) and Synergy (Flarkness) always seem to have a good mix of action for both factions but I am sure with a week left it won’t be as busy. I have a few groups/communities that I have been invited to but the majority of those is just from networking and playing well with others. I highly suggest going the sociable/networking route. You get a lot more consistent teamplay.

I am at 90% on my saddle progression so I have been watching the LFG and I see an average of 4-5 groups in there from YOLO to 1900 like you are seeing as well. Every now and then I will see 2K+ groups.

I think my problem has been my social anxiety. I don’t make/maintain friends easily. I’m highly awkward and this is what hurts me in a social game like RBGs. I just love the game so much. If there were MORE OPTIONS, like I keep saying - outside of Flarkness and Cherry, I would be able to play more than I do. I’m currently around 1900. And the higher I get, the less chill people I find to play with. I know that I am right. There simply needs to be more players.

The 30% off game services discount is live. Just take the plunge, buy a faction change and come on over :wink:

I see that you still don’t have your AOTC mount, you can prob buy that for like 25-30k gold from the Orgrimmar trade chat.

I know a PvP group community that does regular and RBG. I don’t know much about the RBG, but I do occasionally run some randoms with them. If you find me in game I can connect you to the group (I don’t have invite rights) so you can check it out yourself, its not either of those you listed.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s not a discord link. That’s an ad for an in-game community using in-game systems.

?