My problem with Covenants

I really like having to make a choice that matters and will effect my gameplay permanently. Not a decision like, “I’ll give this a try and if I die I can respawn and just try again.” What I do not like is that we are given a question “Which Covenant do you chose?”. We make that decision partially or maybe entirely on the powers we are getting. But latter on, during some patch to the game Blizzard changes that question, or at least how we would have answered it by rebalancing the abilities. I believe Blizzard needed to get the balancing how they wanted it and then tell the player base that since this is meant to be a permanent decision we are not rebalancing covenant abilities during the life of the expansion.

Kyrian is the obvious choice, anyway. I want that Renown 27 battle pet ASAP!!

1 Like

They will never do this.

The hardest part of balancing is that there are the SIM numbers…and how players actually use them.

Players normally find ways to make things over-perform leading to a nerf. Rextroy is a master at this.

i went with the necro lords the slim kitty battle pet lol

1 Like

You ever head of classes?

Rextory should lead the balance issues with blizzard lol

1 Like

I don’t think you do. Part of any decision in an MMO is knowing that it could change due to NECESSARY rebalancing or adjustments. If you are uncomfortable knowing that your pick could be nerfed or buffed at any time, then you do not like permanent choices in MMO’s.

I do. I just like making permanent decisions to permanent questions. I don’t want to be asked if I’d like some cake. then answer YES, and as I’m eating my cake it turns into an apple.

There is one thing they can’t nerf.