My pet is green - literally

Edit

If you run into the problem with your pet being permamently covered in a green layer, there are a few solutions to the problem:

As per what the title says, for the past couple of weeks, my main pet now has some sort of green’ish colour which covers it’s default textures. See the image below

It doesn’t have any debuffs, nor any special buffs that changes it’s appearance. Again, it has been like this for at least a few weeks now.

Worth noting is that it’s only that particular pet which has this glitch. None of my other pets have this issue.

https://i.imgur.com/x6z6Er9.jpg

Anyone else got this bug on their pet as well?
Anyone know a fix?

3 Likes

have you tried getting him killed?

Yep.

/10c.

for what it’s worth… i think he kind of looks pretty in that shade of green :stuck_out_tongue:

i hope you can figure it out

2 Likes

If I had to guess… he was turned green by something in maldraxxus because…he’s glowing their anima color. Not…sure why it decided to stick though… rather odd glitch or bug for sure

1 Like

Does it matter if you stable and then unstable him?

Sadly not I’m afraid. Have placed the pet in the stables and then brought it back out and still the same.

1 Like

truly an odd glitch, even your other pet is confused why your lion is radiating necrolord anima. Maybe it’ll be resolved next patch?

1 Like

Any answers here. My pet is now also glowing green and I have tired killing him… dismissing him. Nada

Xhusband, I saw you with your green pet. :slight_smile:
Anyway, I found this possible solution from another post. Others responding to the post said it worked.
“Fly to Plague Watch in Maldraxxus, stand in the green ooze, let your pet get a stack, get out, wait for the stack to fall off.”
Here is the link to the post I found. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/my-pet-is-still-green/906152

5 Likes

Haha awesome… Im famous! Ok, thank you for this.

1 Like

If nothing else works, try taking him into a timewalking run.

Some pet appearances are technically buffs and timewalking will remove all buffs. Found that out the hard way by taking my oil-soaked wolf into a timewalking dungeon.
IIRC, the wolf with the sword in its head also looses the sword if you use it for timewalking.

Thank you for sharing! My beloved Stormhowl had been stubbornly green for a few days, and the suggestion fixed the issue for me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Envy much?

I see this thread popped back up, apparently the bug’s still there.

Like Dawne said, I talked to someone in another topic a while after I made this one, there are a few solutions to the problem.

The easiest, and less extreme one, is to make your pet bathe in green goo in Maldraxxus. If however that doesn’t work for some reason, you can always ask a GM to restore your pet to you.

2 Likes

And into arenas and bgs =[

Crazy question. How did your pets turn green in the first place?

I’m not 100% sure, but some posts have said that it can happen if your pet gets struck by a certain ability in the Plaguefall-dungeon, think from the last boss.

Again, not entirely sure.

1 Like

THAT’S what it is! :man_facepalming: Makes sense, since I noticed the effect not long after doing the WQ in Plague Watch and was in and out of the plague puddles.

2 Likes

My felguard was green and this fixed him.

2 Likes