My game stops responding to user input, but doesn't freeze

I’m having an odd issue. I just resubbed after years of not playing, and I’m having an issue where my game intermittently stops accepting any input from me.
Specifically, it does not freeze - the game goes on around me (most frustratingly mid-combat), but I cannot press or click anything. The game maintains 90+ FPS during these “freezes”, and I can alt+tab and use the rest of my computer just fine.
I’ve had these last from 2 seconds to about 45 seconds, after which it goes back to working normally, but happens gradually more and more frequently until I exit and restart the game.

Running a Ryzen R9 3900x (newest drivers), an RTX 3090, and 32GB of DDR4. This only happens with WoW, and nobody I know has any idea what could be causing this.
Anyone have this happen to them/have a solution?
Thanks very much.

1 Like

Its latency on the games end, happening to quite a few people now seemingly around the time remix/cata dropped

This really doesn’t seem to be the case - the game world itself is not affected at all. If it happens while I’m on auto-run, I can draw aggro, be attacked, and die. I’ve experienced latency in the past, and there’s no rubberbanding here, no delays in response to commands. The world goes on around me uninterrupted and I’m unable to send any commands. I’m playing with someone with multiple max level characters and he says he’s never seen or heard of anything like this before.

Is a transparent overlay from another app covering the game? It just sounds like something else is receiving input instead of the game client.