My favorite thing about MoP is how talents almost don't matter

I actually have a chance to go Single minded fury on my war and NO ONE CARES. Most of your power comes from the gems and gear ilvls. There isn’t this competition to squeeze out 5% extra power, so you aren’t pressured to take the top performing spec. You can just pick whatever you want and roll with it.

I love it.

Welcome to Whos Warcraft is it Anyways! Where everything’s made up and the spec doesn’t matter!

I’m going to highlight this.

And I’m going to do it again.

And once more for feeling.

Because it’s important for people to understand this. It’s not the talents. It’s not the cloak. It’s the gems and gear ilevel.

2 Likes

Yep.
I did an LFR run with a Frost Mage who did 437k DPS, second place was 23k. They had a cloak that was like 60k stam 6.5k int 6k all secondaries etc.

The only Mage spell on the Details breakdown was Glacial Spike. 90% of their DPS was stuff like Wildfire and other Tinker gems.

The cloak isn’t the majority of stats, though. It is for Stam, but good chunk of everything else comes from ilevel of blue/epic gear and legendary gems.

If you upgrade your blue/epic gear, use legendary gems and then take off your cloak, the most change you’ll see is to Stam and not that much from other main stats.

I was combining gems before work the other day, so I stripped out all my gems. Had to leave before I put them back in and forgot when I get back home.

I was utterly useless in the heroic scenarios I ran rofl.

1 Like

Heck yeah big dog, literally play whatever you want in the mode and you’re 100% viable

I got overly excited about legendary gems before I had enough to put into all slots… and lost myself 10% haste and crit. Oops. LOL

To be honest SMF does more DPS than two handers. Even in DF it’s the case. It is behind due to Execute mostly. And the lack of weapons for SMF.

These are 10.1 test, 10,2 was pretty similar at first until obtaining more gear happened.

https://i.imgur.com/hbqJv0U.png

I do like proc’ing a meteor shower and watching big, fat numbers go brrrrr.

yea it is. well kinda more like 50/50. but still

Nope! Blue/epics upgraded and legendary gems are the majority. The only change you’ll see for the most part is leech and stam.

Edit: why was this moved to the Warrior forum? o.O

im in 444 gear and my cloak provides half my stats

Then you’re either in mostly greens or no gems. I remove my cloak and there’s nearly no difference in most stats.

With cloak:
https://i.ibb.co/Sck0QFk/cloakyes.png

Without cloak:
https://i.ibb.co/tqpKMGG/cloakno.png

The drop off doesn’t seem so severe because of how heavy into DR the cloak puts me

And there you go. Thus my point. The cloak isn’t the end all, be all. DR is doing that for you and you’re just as OP without it.

Even with heavy DR, its still 25% crit, 15% haste, 16% vers, 30% movement speed, etc. It’s roughly 50% of my total stat pool lol

:woman_facepalming:t4:

It’s not even worth explaining this to you. You’re OP regardless of that cape. Period. End of story. Moving on.

1 Like

MoP: Remix is basically BFA 8.3, when Corruptions were as much damage as the rest of your class.