My customized UI is completely BROKEN now

I spent like 3 hours customizing ElvUI and this new patch just completely broke everything I worked on.

I have like 20 characters, I’m not redoing everything again on all of them because you decided to ON A WHIM change the chat box again and whatever else

I’m actually upset, like WHY did you need to break addons like that? Patch barely brought in new content as it is

I’m actually done with this.

1 Like

Yep same broken elvui again.

1 Like

That’s why I don’t use stuff like ElvUI.

16 Likes

welcome to patch day, where everythign in your UI breaks

5 Likes

calm down and wait for the elvui update like the rest of us, it’s not that big a deal

6 Likes

Lol elvui
Awful

5 Likes

There should be an update. Don’t forget to update your other addons too.

I don’t use elvui, but someone on my realm said the ptr version was working for them. So maybe seek that out somewhere?

1 Like

This. I just downloaded it, dropped it in and /reload and everything’s back to normal

Would you mind linking the location to that, could not see it on the tukui download site.

1 Like

Check elvui’s github, it always updates there first, mines working just fine.
https://github.com/tukui-org/ElvUI/tree/development

2 Likes

PTR version of Elv works fine.

edit: WowUp now shows the updated version.

There’s already an update available through WoWup. Ready in less than an hour after the servers went back live. quitcherbritchen.

Exactly right? I mean the base game has so many implemented things now, people who use 3rd party dont even realize it. The rest is unneccesary at this point.

I mean the addons now are near “cheating” levels already.

Welcome to patch day

1 Like

Many have already said it, but thats what you risk using an all in one addon like Elv, accept the risk if you use it, and move on. They will patch it soon enough if it wasn’t already.

I love the accusation that Blizz is updating their UI specifically to break UI addons. Are they just supposed to not ever update the base UI? That sounds awful.

Addons break on patch day. News at 11

1 Like

Did you update elvui? There is a new release. I have no issues at all with anything being broken.

Also always make sure to back up your WTF file anytime you make UI changes so you can always revert or copy paste if stuff breaks. I also keep it on an external in case my drive crashes.

Moo!

And this is why I am eternally grateful for the new updated Blizzard UI