My biggest issue with Wow as far as content is concerned

So my biggest issue with Wow is how they neuter old content. I think it’s a waste of a great potential. When a xpac is over they dump the old content and make it so irrelevant. Not in the sense of items or gear. For example lets take a new player or a player making a new character. You pick legion for example as where you level. After 4 quests suddenly your Class hall is done, the item you acquired literally 5 minutes ago is inactive.
Example
Druid class hall. Do a quest to find the druid.
Get the claws
Plant the seed.
Then Malfurion is like hey dude you did tons of stuff now your arch druid…
You/me: “…oook”

It really is hard to get any excitement out of things and more like your just rolling threw the quest to get it done. You get no real attachment and a new player might take this as a bad sign max level areas will be this way.

If Blizzard could retool the old content to work close to how it did on launch of the xpac. Or if you could somehow chromie yourself for a while so it functions like the xpac did and it turns off if you leave the xpac content area. But when your in it, it runs like it should at the normal pace and difficulty. (or something to this effect) This would make replaying old content a big more fun and yes be a additional time sink when you want to do something else.
It also would make a new players leveling experience a little more fun and let you form a bit more love for the world cause if I had never played the xpacs on release and I was a new player… .I don’t think the game would have been very fun.

But no matter what I think it’s a waste of a lot of old content that people want to enjoy but cant due to it being castrated.

On the same note of this, how much development time, time wasted during a xpac lifespan, creating, fixing systems only to dump them after each xpac?

2 Likes

They have to abandon content every expansion (every patch of every expansion) to allow new characters to catch up.

Which is why they can set it up as a chromie like thing, when you go talk to or activate something to set it up and function as if the xpac is stil functioning. If you want to go back and experience. Not necessarily as a leveling experience. It would give players a lot of content to burn threw with out having to do a huge developmental cycle.

There is actually a simple fix.

Guild Wars 2 style events. Regular and Meta coupled with a reward system that is similar, including a currency gained just from them that is used on items that can remain valuable.

1 Like

Weren’t you talking trash on GW2 yesterday?

and yet that 300k players feels like way more compared to WoW’s several million because instead of being split apart into 100 servers, we’re all together in one and the phasing is MUCH less severe…

everywhere you go in GW2 you see players even in vanilla maps from 11 years ago…

1 Like

GW2 feels way more alive to me than WoW.

1 Like

Old content? Even current content feels neutered. There’s nothing to do outside the pillars for any kind of gain other than cosmetic. ZC, Time Rifts, and Dreamsurges are all useless to me. Hurray, past mogs. Hurray, 437s. Hurray, alt friendliness at the expense of stuff to do on main.

1 Like

Yes, intelligent people have the ability to say both good and bad about a thing and not be some blind fanboy.

GW2 has a terrible flying mechanic but one created that FITS its core design. WoW stole it. This game has a ton of skills which make combat deep, GW2 has few and is action combat oriented which I like less. This does not mean 100% of GW2 is a bad game. WoW…the fact you are bringing up another thread is a RIOT and that you logged in another character to do it on top of it…

I think it is funny you think I’m someone else. Ironic that you post on multiple characters, then use those characters to like your own posts.

Oh boy, I picked up a stalker.

Did I make you look so bad you are coming here to bring up another topic to try to undermine what I am saying here and now accusing me of doing what you clearly are with a level 10, with 10 achievement points and 41 posts…lol. Pathetic.

Hyperbole at its finest.

Not really.
Get to druid grove, ask about legendary weapon.
Get quest to talk to druid
get quest to talk to ursoc
help ursol
get weapon
return to groove, plant seed
walk with druid
contracts your arch druid…
point is less about items and stuff and about functionality of the the actual xpac. Say your a new player or a old player that missed that xpac or even someone who just wishes to redo the xpac. Its hard to enjoy and truely feel for the characters when it’s cut back.

Which is why a chromie setup for people who wish to experience the xpac closer to it’s original state.

The class hall isn’t done in 4 quests…