My apology to the Horde (8.2.5 spoilers)

I just feel like her being sole leader of the Forsaken would be such a massive tonal switch. I think it can work if she’s just part of the leadership but other than that? Not really.

“But don’t you know, Cole? The light is the perfect rebirth, you will feel inner peace and loveliness and flowers and sunshine when you allow the light to reanimate your decrepit form! Don’t question it! Shut up!”

Given how cheesy she took her resurrection in the book…this dialogue sounds exactly like what she’d say to you.

Welcome to the Forsaken, your elbows no longer show, but you’ve given up your dignity to be an even blanker slate of general mannerisms and potential depth than the Legion.

apothecary judkins for forsaken racial leader 2019

Nazgrim for Forsaken leader.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I would dig this.

1 Like

Lillian mentions she ‘will have to move quickly’ after you come back from spying on Jaina, Calia and Derek, so I’d bet that either Calia will be either the new Queen of the Forsaken with heavy influence from a rebuilt Desolate Council and Lillian haunting her every step, or Calia will be part of the Desolate Council with Lillian as the chair-person of the group.

I’m rather concerned that we don’t have an out-and-out new Warchief picked. Betting on Lor’themar and Baine, because I’m fairly certain Thrall won’t pick up that chair again, not without a hideous amount of push-back from the Horde itself, but … it could be interesting to see a Horde being led by a council, without a Warchief, and an Alliance led by a High King who has to struggle to get his allies to ever talk to each other, let alone obey his orders.

2 Likes

I’d find it amusing if we have a Horde council and then just a teaser scene where someone goes to 'take the mantle, and Lor’themar just breaks a beer bottle and stares at them intently while Baine loads a shotgun.

5 Likes

Excerpt from Zae’s response:

The candlelight flickered softly in Warren manor. Casting wicked shadows on the walls from the fancy furniture. The storm outside had not yet subsided. But the rain was not so thick the ravens couldn’t fly.

The black blades at his door stood still as statues. A Nightborne and a Ren’dorei. A twisted knot of peace used for murder. They both couldn’t help but glance when the raven rocketed through the open window. How it flew was anyone’s guess so soaked.

It cawed once or twice and hop-walked along the old wooden table Zae Warren sat at drumming his fingers. The raven held it’s leg to the Shadow Father, the message firmly attached to it.

He took it and unrolled it to lay flat on the table so he could read.

He stretched his head to one side where it sat naturally lopsided, a motion he did often to display the noose marks on his dead neck.

“That finally happened.” He hissed to himself, though loud enough that his black blades could hear, they glanced at each other but said nothing._

“Long have I lived apart from the resources of the super powerful Horde, Long have i amassed my own fortune and my own allies. Because the Banshee does not tolerate the independence of the dead.” Zae Warren smiled.

“But now the Banshee is no more.”

There was a creak and the door between the two black blades opened. A single Sin’dorei stepped through. Single of eye and scarred of face, she looked half gorgeous, and half monster, the left of her face seemed to have melted as if hit by acid.

“Shadow Father,” She said, her soft voice betrayed her harsh physical look._

“I got the raven, I got the news.” Zae Warren said. “Get the ship in the pier ready. We sail to Durotar. Omen Company has business now with the Horde.”

The Sin’dorei bowed her head and turned to leave._

“And use your real name from now on.” Zae Warren quipped. “Teilaya Sangryn.”

The woman froze in her tracks and gulped. But would do as she was told. “Yes Shadow Father.” And she left.

Zae Warren has ALWAYS been no fan of Sylvanas, and this is the greatest route for the story ever because his rivalry, his loathing has just been vindicated.

Step away from the chair.

backs away

Baine proceeds to unload the shotgun into the chair until he is sobbing and out of shells. He continues pulling the trigger and sobbing for 3 straight minutes

1 Like

Wow, this was dark…

1 Like

Hot Take…but perhaps after reading these 450 posts, and seeing the issue of horde bias, the dissatisfaction of alliance back burner, the issues of any real equal story writing at this time…perhaps the reason we don’t have a new warchief, why we now see shiny new grey symbols beside our names is a simple answer.

Blizzard does recognize the inability to process a story that can please both sides of a hard two faction pvp orientated mmo, and are getting rid of the hard faction lines to start to alleviate that. If they have to simply write a story for a full world, versus write a story based upon two differing player bases the story could possibly be of better product quality and better received.

I for one, would be very pleased to see no one re-take the mantle of Horde Warchief. They don’t have to remove a King as Humans have always had kings. It all becomes more of a blurred line of nations, with two Political factions vying for support and aid from the different peoples. You can still have your Alliance and your Horde, but not led by the nations, but lead by war leaders. To break it down, I’d say the Horde would be lead by a High Overlord, and the Alliance lead by a Grand Marshall/High Marshall. As the faction is kept for only pvp purposes it seems whenever it’s been suggested, them staying as militant factions with militant reasons and ranks would make sense.

1 Like

Wait, we what? I haven’t noticed anything like that.

And yet disturbingly accurate …

Faction icons are now next to character names in character select. Class names are now the appropriate color, too, and I’m sure other things have been changed that I didn’t notice.

Oh, I see. I haven’t actually logged into the game in a couple weeks.

Can you show a screenshot?

Next to your characters name in the character selection screen there are horde/alliance symbols but greyed out.

Were I to stab in the dark Id wager we are going to be able to choose a faction in some fashion, its the only way I can see those symbols as having a point.

Do we wanna take bets on whether or not the factions symbols get hotfixed out?

It seems like a very weird time for them to show up given we shouldn’t expect any real announcements until Blizzcon… Presumably.

I’m jazzed about the potential implications I just find the situation amusing.

Can’t wait to find out they mean absolutely nothing actually in a blue post.

I already told you guys that it’s so the new players that flood WoW every day in the tens of thousands don’t get confused about what faction their character is on.

1 Like

You won’t fool me that easily Ion.

2 Likes