My apology to the Horde (8.2.5 spoilers)

hisssssss

(complete sentence)

2 Likes

removed me link b/c people are weird

Huh, interesting…

See what I mean? What possible purpose could that be for if not for the ability to choose a faction

1 Like

All I know is I see more Alliance characters on Karithien’s account than Horde in this screenshot so as is fitting of the rules of the WrA Forum they are no longer permitted to criticize the Horde as they are clearly - CLEARLY - an Alliance fanboy.

3 Likes

LIsten, Kaz.

I did some thinking and… there’s no need to apologize. We’re the reason y’all had to deal with Garrosh twice. In a way, we also caused WoD and there’s just no coming back from that.

We’ll take the L, but your forgiveness is appreciated.

1 Like

Not likely, since they were first discovered in the PTR for 8.2.5 a couple weeks back, and discussed by numerous game review sites and YT shows. If Blizzard was going to patch it out, they’d have done it before release.

I think it’s a little rash to assume that just because something is obvious or necessary, Blizzard will do it.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the need to apologize to Horde players…

The whole point that Saurfang himself explained to Anduin before they marched on Ogrimmar was that the Horde was built on a lie. The Path of Glory was built on the bones of dead Draenei. Of clans who resisted. Thrall and Vol’jin didn’t act in the spirit of the Horde but Sylvanas did…

… and Sylvanas has NEVER been a heroic character. Tragic yes. But as far back as vanilla she was allowing plague to be made. At the Wrathgate she had no problem unleashing it on her own side!

From the beginning she’s had dubious loyalties. I get that some people wanted her to be this heroic figure of the downtrodden forsaken but she really wasn’t. She was self serving. At best she only cared about the Forsaken, but even then that didn’t last.

That’s long game storytelling and IMO good storytelling. Saurfang was able to exploit her hubris to end the war. I am only happier with the story every day since.

3 Likes

the wrathgate wasn’t sylvanas or she would have died/dipped in wrath. it was her technology and her ideas pushing the creation of the blight, but using it outright like that, regardless of eventual intent, wasn’t her style at the time. See where it ended up: undercity got sacked and her guards were replaced with orcs loyal to the Horde instead of her. Hardly an ideal situation, and she is/wasn’t an idiot.

the better example from wrath regarding her being selfish/a bad person is when all those horde and alliance prisoners get slaughtered at the end of the saronite mine dungeon and she says “FiNaLlY i ThOuGhT hE’d NeVeR sHuT uP”. Because one guy who died was happy the horde and alliance united to fight the scourge.

edit: me wrong, disregard

Sorry but:

“I’ve heard these discussions on the internet about ‘she’s going off the rails’, but is she? I’ve been writing Sylvanas personally since 2006, and this is pretty much - the Wrathgate and the Blight and the Forsaken - in character. Those were all under Sylvanas’ orders. What we’re seeing now is an escalation of the plans Sylvanas has, clearly, and we’re in the middle of that.”

Is from Alex Afrasiabi in a Eurogamer interview:

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2018-11-08-world-of-warcraft-and-the-masterplan-for-sylvanas

So yes. Sylvanas planned the Wrathgate.

2 Likes

amazing

thank you blizzard

Yea its really stupid but then again so is Blizzard

We’ve really reached the point where it doesn’t surprise me at all though, but what a way to reveal that. Not even in-game, just an interview lmao

i really wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a lie/retcon justifying the current arc dressed up as clarification though

2 Likes

Its also entirely possible they simply forgot their own story from back then.

Wouldn’t be the first time.

8 Likes

or even just one of their many “we forgot our own lore” moments

edit yes what Taalva said

2 Likes

Heck my favorite race is a thing because no one remembered the manual from WC3.

3 Likes

Well, somehow I managed to breeze right through and hear nothing about them until patch day. That’s what I get for being out of the loop I guess.

If Saurfang actually said this, then that’s great, because I’ve been saying that for years.

It’s weird that he had amnesia about it during the War of Storms, though.

1 Like

I know this is off topic but I just want to talk about the Wrath gate for a moment.

Let me tell you how unreasonably angry I am over them having said that was Sylvanas’ doing. Like, yeah, we could infer it, imply it, think it…whatever. But to outright say it? The implications should be as far as we got - that’s what made it interesting. It’s like seeing the great and powerful Oz only to pull the curtain away and find the guy pretending to be Oz has been dead for six years and the program has just been on repeat.

Also, let me tell you why I think it’s BS that this was Sylvanas’ plan. Not because She lost Her city. Not because Varimathras served the Legion. But because of one tiny key detail in the Wrath Gate quest chain.

SYLVANAS WENT TO ORGRIMMAR AND KNEELED BEFORE THRALL. KNEELED. NOT SNARKED AT. NOT DEMANDED ANYTHING. SHE. KNEELED. AND BEGGED FOR HELP.

When have you EVER seen Sylvanas kneel? TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING?! (Insert kneeling powerslide joke here from joke of a cinematic)

That’s what made it real for me all those years ago. “Oh…oh God. Sylvanas just kneeled before Thrall and begged him for his help. This isn’t a trick. This isn’t a ploy. This is real. This is Her without a plan…without a machination or strategy. Thrall is really Her only shot here. Or we’re done. I guess…I guess the Horde really is our home.”

And then the Horde is nothing. Kay. Bye. End of rant. Sorry.

12 Likes