My Anduin Shadowlands Theory

I believe that Anduin will be a raid boss in the Jailer raid. As the fight progresses a growing Light presence enters and when Anduin is defeated the Light will stun everyone and claim Anduin or in the event of his death his soul. Thus leading characters like Jaina seeking a way into the Light realm for the cosmology story. And depending on what kind of expansion we get next it could be the 10.0 prepatch event or something gradually built up while we have an Azeroth based expansion for 10.0.

1 Like

I really just want Anduin and Jaina to go home and stay there for a little while. I’ve had it up to here with them.

13 Likes

The Titans go to an Order plane when they die. I would have preferred to go there first, but I think a Light expansion is more likely.

1 Like

more likely that the void will claim Anduin…

Beats the Lich King lite that they’re doing now with him

1 Like

My one hope is that shadowlands ends with us waking up in orgrimmar/stormwind and then just “You ok? hit your head quite hard when you landed from argus”

10 Likes

just some straight up father/son - esque bonding time between Zovaal/Anduin…lol

1 Like

My SL/Anduin theory, we defeat the Jailer but in his final moments succeeds in rewriting reality. All the gathered heroes of Azeroth and the SL dissapears from sight with the exception of Anduin who was under the Jailers thrall, who is now freed.

We re-emerge on Azeroth, at the Icecrown glacier where we first entered the SL from. At first we are met by a deadening silence before we are approached by Alliance and Horde forces, led by King Varian and Warchief Vol’jin, who had been searching for the escaped former Warchief, Garrosh, within the Frozen Wastes and had sensed a magical disturbance in Icecrown.

We soon realize that the Jailer was only able to partially rewrite reality leaving us back at the time period during the end of MoP just after Garrosh had escaped custody in Pandaria.

2 Likes

I like Anduin as he currently is. I don’t want the Light saving him. I definitely don’t want that being a catalyst for us going to Lightlands. We’d have more complaining from Horde fans that they have to save an Alliance centric character in an Alliance based expansion which the Horde shouldn’t care about. They’d actually be justified in complaining about it that time.

2 Likes

If anything, our reality is the order plane. As titans revert back to their world soul state when they die.

Nah, we actually just experienced a vision from N’zoth shortly before he fully corrupts Azeroth. Everything with that Azerite death beam and afterwards was just N’zoth showing us a potential future.

1 Like

This reminds me of some interesting headcanon. The idea was that N’Zoth actually killed us in the Nya’lotha raid and we’re in the Shadowlands because we’re dead. Personally, I like your idea that BfA and Shadowlands were a huge hallucination (and as much as I adore Legion, there were things there I didn’t like, such all the pro-Illidan fanfic stuff).

2 Likes

It is not. Danuser implied that they went to their own Order plane in an interview.

It’s like an Order plane within the Order plane, which is kinda bizarre.

1 Like

We’re going to check every box for 9.2 and possibly 9.3…

9.2 Cinematic begins with Anduin walking across Dragon’s Blight. His father does a voice over very similar to King Terenas Menethil’s.

“I watched with pride, as you grew into a person of righteousness.”

Anduin then raises Galakrond from the ground, where we see it fly off to ICC.

Northrend/ICC Revamp.

Mal’ganis in the Blood Wing
Galakrond in the Dragon Wing
Nathanos in the Plague Wing

Anduin atop the Frozen Throne.

Anduin is preparing for Zovaal’s arrival into Azeroth, what Arthas was meant to do.

We defeat Anduin by breaking his armor and shattering King’s Mourne. Arthas appears to tell us we must not let Zovaal into Azeroth, for all will be lost.

Using our covenant sigils and the power of the Light, we open a Portal to Zereth Mortis.

If 9.3 is to happen, Zereth Mortis will be a new Zone, with new lore, quests, raid, dungeon, etc.

If 9.3 is scrapped, Zereth Mortis will simply be a “room” or small zone where we fight Zovaal. We see everything in the background but can’t go there.

Zovaal is defeated and banished back to the Maw. The Primus uses Sylvanas’ remaining power to transfer it to the Arbiter, causing her to be “tied to the Shadowlands” forever…

BAM

We wake up on the Dragon Isles. Everything we saw was a Void Nightmare, but had real world consequences.

Baine wasn’t thrown from a cliff by Zovaal, but was thrown from Thunder Bluff by a Faceless Void.

Anduin wasn’t mindcontroled by Death Magic, but corrupted by the Void. Now in a Shadowform.

Tyrande wasn’t slaying monsters in the Maw, but clearing a way to ICC to fight Sylvanas.

Using the magic of the Dragon Isles, we craft a new Dark Portal that will take us back in time, before the corruption of the N’zoth.

This altercation of history causes Nozdormu to transform into Murozond.

10.0 Alternate Universe Azeroth.

We laugh, cry, level, quest, slay bad guys, save the day… until the Dark Portal begins to flicker once more. In the distance… a yellow glow…

11.0 The Holy Crusade.

Outland?.. much worse… Argus…

Out of curiosity how would the allied races be explained in this partially rewritten reality? Would they be considered personal agents who chose the Horde/Alliance over their existing ties or would the lore be altered for them? For example the AU Mag’har being the Outland Mag’har led by Jorin Deadeye over Geya’rah or her origins changing to not have any Thrall connection, the Zandalari or group of them deciding to turn to Vol’jin and the Horde over reviving fallen empires and old alliances, Moira bringing the Dark Irons in personally to aid the alliance during Cata or Mists, Jaina seeking out Kul’Tiras after Theramore instead of BfA, etc…

1 Like

That makes no sense given that we see Argus revert back to his world soul state in the antrous finale cinematic.

Danuser retconning the lore again because who gives a damn about consistency.

1 Like

Well I have two ideas;

1.) Have the first expansion after this basically be reintroducing most of these races. Basically an expansion all about exploring the world and both factions would have largely self-contained storylines. Vol’jin, as Warchief, would naturally seek a political alliance with the Zandalari just due to the story we’ve already gotten from him and we know know Talanji exists who’d be happy to petition Rastakhan for this expediting the process(further expedited after we thwart Zul’s coup). Allowing the Horde to make quick allies of the Zandalari, and naturally by extension the Vulpera. Mag’har would be replaced with those from the MU with Jorin Deadeye crossing over to Azeroth their leader. Then on the Broken Isles, the Legion, this time aided by the Nightborne are causing issues among the isles and naturally this is where we meet the rebellion as well as the Highmountain Tauren.

Meanwhile with the Alliance, led by Varian still, a pissed off Jaina is similarly interested in the Kul’tirans, that unfolds which also eventually brings them into contact with the Mechagnomes who also end up with the Alliance. Dark Irons are already part of the faction, but they need to make their hammer (or smthg) so they do that and join(again, idk). Later a ship of LF Draenei appear at the Azuremyst isles sent by Turalyon to warn Azeroth of the impending Legion threat(which the Horde is contending with) who arrive with none other than Alleria Windrunner, who at this time isn’t using void magic yet. Seeking her people, naturally the first thing she does when she got home, she journeys to her home to see the scars of Arthas’ invasion, sees Lor’themar, is mad that he had banished their people for delving into the dark arts of the void including Umbric, she seeks him out and discovers him and a coven of their people transformed by the magic of the void and they find their way back to Azeroth and resolves to one day return to their home.

The main idea here is re-using existing assets for the all these lands while adding new quests, so technically revamping them. Essentially providing enough content to foster entirely self-contained expansions all about the Alliance and Horde helping and recruiting allies for the upcoming Legion threat, which would theoretically be the subsequent expansion in this new timeline.

2.) Have the AR PC exist as an anomaly from the previous timeline until we recruit their race organically in the story.

I’ll admit that sounds pretty interesting and cool ideas. I had always wondered how things would have gone down between Rastakhan and Vol’jin and how the other tribes would have reacted to Warchief Vol’jin coming to Zandalar.

1 Like

Largely the idea accomplishes 2 important things which people want;

1.) Setting is back to being on Azeroth and grounded purely within the established WC setting, no First Ones nonsense or all the “AKSHULLY IT WAS THESE GUYS ALL ALONG.”

2.) It gives a much stronger look at what the two factions, as well as their major characters, and what they’re all about. Vol’jin helping the Zandalari, Lor’themar and Sylvanas aiding the Nightborne rebellion, Mekkatorque aiding in the Mechagnomes’ rebellion, Jaina patching things up with the Kul’tirans, ect. All of which build directly/indirectly into a subsequent Legion expansion, in which I’m pulling a page from the plot of Avengers Endgame, where the villains have the knowledge of their defeat from the previous timeline(due to the demons being largely unaffected by the reset aside from restoring their means of endlessly resseructing) and block those same avenues from being taken again.

Seems like you were partially right. Looks like Anduin is a raid boss and Jaina saves him. How dull.

1 Like