My 10.0 wishlist as a long time holy paladinner

1. Get rid of holy power. I’m not a big fan of it for prot either, but it’s fine for prot.
    Holy is more fun when it’s about big holy shocks and big infusion of light heals and not building combo points with damage. We’ve had almost two full expacs of crusader strike spammer holy(RIP 7.0-8.1 holy, easily my favorite iteration of the spec), I’m so bored of it and want my fat holy shocks and infusion of light back.

2. Drop aura mastery. It’s quite possible the least interesting healing CD in the game’s history. At least “stand and channel” ones like tranq and hymn look cool and do tangible healing.

3. Speaking of aura mastery going away… Maybe instead of divine toll staying, keep ashen hallow and rework it to be a full on healing CD. No damage, maybe shorter duration but more healing. And obviously make it yellow and paladiny.

4. Please, just make sure there’s no way a crusader strike centric playstyle becomes the only way to heal with the new talents. Seriously. I hate it and I like holy shock actually doing meaningful healing and using cast time heals way more than being a scuffed dpser. I loved how in legion it was a thing you did in your downtime and not a core part of healing.

2 Likes

To be honest, I prefer it with Holy Power—I always did, sad to say.

I’ll admit Aura Mastery isn’t the most interesting cooldown, but I’d think decreasing everyone’s damage or making everyone immune to silence has its place.

I’ll also admit I don’t play Crusader Strike-centric; I still hard cast, but I strongly suspect Blizzard is going to leverage their new talent system so that a holy paladin can build themselves to be CS-centric or to a hard cast playstyle. I mean, they’ll have enough space in the Holy talent tree to do so.

2 Likes

I like how HoPo gives LoD/WoG flexibility instead of them being on rigid CDs. It’s unique, compared to other healers’ strong heals.

Replace “holy shocks” with “Sereneties” and drop “infusion of light” and you’re talking about Priests instead. Unless PoH/Renew make a major comeback next expansion, the two Holy specs could have awfully similar playstyles under what you’re suggesting.

Agree. Least interesting, although one of the very most useful during RWF.

3 Likes

I switched to holy priest because it feels more like holy paladin than holy paladin does right now, haha! But I like paladin transmog, utility and off specs a lot more. I actually think I’d be okay with holy power if crusader strike didn’t generate it. I also don’t mind the current lod/wog dynamic right now, I honestly think I’m too hard on holy power just because infusion and flash of light/holy light are so weak right now.

1 Like

I think HP would be a more fun resource to use if we had options for a 1 HP cost heal like an eternal flame HoT, and even maybe a really strong heal that costs 5 HP give us choices in how we want to heal.

4 Likes

Ehh, with Holy Power I can take it or leave it. I would prefer to go to a more Holy Shock-centric playstyle though (glimmer in BFA was fun!)

I’m okay with this. Aura Mastery is never fun to use, and people always complain about it making us OP.

Eww, no! Let Ashen Hallow die. Divine Toll is a much more fun/satisfying ability to use, although I’m okay if it goes away too.

Hard disagree. I love Crusader Strike being a core part of my healing rotation, being in melee, trying to do damage, etc. Keep it around!

1 Like

I hope talents are flexible enough so we both get what we want; I’m personally crossing my fingers that Denounce makes a comeback!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Mostly, I love the current battle healer playstyle… but there are moments where I absolutely loathe it.

Being Holy Power starved because I’m not able to attack anything at a given moment feels really, really bad. I played Mistweaver in Nyalotha and Fistweaving had a good balance… If I had to step out for Mechanics while still healing, I didn’t feel like a Bandage spec’d warrior.

I don’t know what the answer is, as I want to preserve the current play style, but they need to look at HP generation, IoL, FoL and HL and work something out.

I just re-subbed maybe 10 days ago, so only done a few keys this season, but recall doing one recently with 3 ranged (+15 Mists iirc), we timed it, but the healing just felt horrible due to group comp. Obviously, 3 ranged isn’t ideal, but I’d take a full guild group over PUG’s any day.

1 Like

paladinner

That sounds like the name of a great paladin style cooking show!