MW's - which talents for dungeons and raids?

Hello all,

I Just started Mistweaving and can’t seem to get a straight answer regarding Rising Mist. Is this talent the default choice for dungeons and raids? Some guides say yes, some no. Which situations would I use RM in?

thanks

Rising Mists has more haste requirements before it starts to shine. (I believe the min target was 25%) When it does work, it performs about the same as the Essence Font build in raids.

M+ dungeons value the build much more because of the added dps, and also extended EF casts are not as useful.

Don’t know which is better for pvp, but I’d assume Rising Mists for less channeled uptime. Also you’re going to want Conflict and Strife via pvp play.

1 Like

Raids: Rising Mist is much harder to play and will probably heal less than Upwelling. Another reason Rising Mist is rather meh is the melee requirement. Bosses like Wrathion have dead time for melee. Maut is probably the most optimal boss for Rising Mist. I would just play Upwelling because its easier and most likely better healing. I wish Rising Mist would heal more for the more difficult playstyle.

Dungeon: The only reason Rising Mist is good is because the other two talent choices are hot garbage. Focused Thunder is Okay for dungeons. Upwelling is such garbage it isn’t even funny.

PvP: I’d assume Rising Mist because it will result in less casting. TBH i don’t pvp so idk.

Logs of MW monk Healing for Nya
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/24#metric=hps&class=Monk&spec=Mistweaver

2 Likes

For PVE I have seen Rising Mist monks burst for over 200k HPS with the build. The goal is to get as much renewing mists as possible on the raid during times of low damage and extending them through RSK. Then once raid-wide damage starts you essence font RSK to extend it then spam Vivify. If you did it right most of your raid will be covered with renewing mists so you’ll see huge HPS numbers.

But since upwelling is competitive and in some fights better I just prefer the easy playstyle of it.

But for M+ I exclusively run Rising Mist. For this content healers are encouraged to DPS and the talent is suited for dps. Most of the time during trash I can just dps and let the talent keep my group stable

1 Like

Since RM got toned down it’s no longer the OP talent it was for Raids to the point that upwelling is easier for the same, if not better result.

Stack Crit, Crit Corruptions/Procs and you can achieve 80-100% crit on Revival and EF in raids.

As for Dungeons, Rising Mist is fun because dealing damage helps the group so you might as well double dip and get some healing from it. Upwelling is useless in dungeons since (at most) you only cast EF to get the double mastery benefit from the HoT on your group.

Focused Thunder is ok, but doesn’t synergise with Secret Infusion Azerite trait. If it did, meaning you could double proc SI it would be a lot more valuable… IMO anyway.

Sorry, just bring a druid or pally, so much better than MW in 5 mans, it is not even close. A bit of mobility does not make up for a lack of dps as a healer.

Lol did you even watch the MDI? Every single healer in the whole tournament besides one team was a Mistweaver

Do you know why?

I pay zero attention to the MDI, but they do run lower Keys than what the top players are pushing on live… which is dominated by Druids.

Regardless, for the vast majority of players, Healer DPS is not the make or break when it comes to timing a Key. Execution is.

MW’s are perfectly fine in M+ for the average player.