MW Shadowlands Fistweaving Easy-Mode?

This is what I have. I’m QUITE sure it’s wrong in some of its details. How would you change?

CAVEAT: I’m not trying to push the performance envelope. I’ll play a lot with my Fury Warrior wife, leveling and Torghast. I’d ultimately like to be able to heal M+10 dungeons with my guild.

Here goes.

Talents - Chi Burst, Celerity, Spirit of the Crane, Ring of Peace, Diffuse Magic,
Invoke Chi-Ji the Red Crane, Rising Mist.

Opener:

• Target tank or top melee
  • Renewing mist
  • Spinning crane kick to get the debuff on as many mobs as possible
  • Essence Font
  • Target Skull (or tank’s target) during the 3-second channel. (Possible to move while channeling!)
  • Rising Sun Kick
  • Thunder Focus Tea
  • Rising Sun kick

Go into dmg rotation

• Alternate Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick
  • Use Rising Sun Kick whenever available (every 3rd or 4th spell)

Low-ish mana?

• Tiger Palm x3
  • Blackout Kick

Tank taking a little dmg?

• Chi Burst
  • Vivify . (Don’t Soothing Mist channel first, it’s not a time-saver)

Things getting serious?

• Invoke Chi_ji, the Red Crane (on a 3-minute cooldown)
  • keep using Blackout Kick , Rising Sun Kick , and Spinning Crane Kick

Things getting really serious?

While Chi-Ji is still active, stop DPS to Tanky-Sit:

• Target Tank
  • Life Cocoon
  • Soothing Mist channel
  • Enveloping Mist HoT
  • Vivify

Things to renew periodically:

• Make sure Renewing Mist always up on at least 1 ally
  • Essence Font re-cast every 12 seconds; ALWAYS Rising Sun Kick immediately after channel-cast.
  • When Thunder Focus Tea is available (every 30 seconds), use it to buff next Rising Sun Kick

Seriously, I am no expert! I post this as a question, from a noob. This is my attempt to boil down what I found on Wowhead-dot-com, with a little bit of my personal preference/guesses thrown in.

Will this work, for non-competitive play?

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to go ahead and assume that with this build you’re also aiming for the Ancient Teachings of the Monastery leggo, which means that for 15 seconds after using essence font your dps spells heal 1 target at a time for 250% of damage.

This looks like a decent setup to start. I’d probably swap chi burst out for mistwrap for dungeons, because chi burst has a tendency to pull if you aren’t careful in aiming. Celerity is kinda weak compared to chi torpedo or tigers lust, but that row is really personal preference so its up to you.

Quick note about Chi-ji. You want to be casting enveloping mist with Chi-Ji because of the stacking buff you get. 3 stacks makes enveloping pretty much instacast and free and can help with easing into the really serious period.

But, for the most part, what you have laid out above will definitely work for non competitive play. Have fun. Good luck. As you practice and play, you’ll find what works best for you.

1 Like

You would put TFT at the beginning of this sequence if you intended to double kick. It reduces the CD of RSK when you use it, consuming the tea.

This. Tea comes before the kick since it reduces the cooldown of the kick once used. So tea, kick, kick.

You also have Revival as a cooldown too. You did not mention this in your potential toolkit when things got serious.

1 Like

Assume nothing b/c I know nothing! So, I’m taking your assumption as a suggestion and turning it into a goal.

This is what I always hated about Twilight Dev, so I’ll be taking your suggestion over… wherever I found the Chi Burst suggestion.

I’ll conflate the “things getting serious” and “things getting really serious” sections, and put direct-heal things early, and switch to the kicks after the crisis has passed.

THANKS. The point is to have fun, and I need a starting point for my practice and play. It’s nice to know that I might be close to a good starting point!

Under consideration. Here’s what I’m reacting to, and you can tell me whether the advice is valid.

In the article on Wowhead written by Anomoly from Peak of Serenity, it says “Essence Font… immediately followed up with a Rising Sun Kick.” So I took that to mean that TFT after Essence Font would screw up whatever the benefit of Essence Font -> RSK is.

The article continues “A Thunder Focus Tea-empowered RSK …you’re left with a 3-second cooldown, reduced by Haste. In general play, this boils down to a Global Cooldown between sequential Rising Sun Kicks, which can be spent on …[s]omething instant.”

So the TFT -> RSK should be moved into my “begin dmg rotation” section, and should probably say “TFT, RSK, Tiger Palm, RSK, …” and then what it says in my original post.

Is that sound, or am I (and the article I’m taking this from) wrong?

THANKS for your feedback. I appreciate your experience with this.

1 Like

Use the Tears of the morning legendary instead, ancient teaching of the monastery doesn’t feel incredible, tears goes really well with rising mist and will feel a lot strong to play while you fistweave, if you are gonna go chi ji I suggest going the bastion covenant as the covenant ability plus chi ji does A LOT of healing when combined together.

2 Likes

Looking at that article, that passage seems to specifically be talking about raid healing. I don’t really raid anymore, but I think the point he’s making there is that when there’s a lot of targets needing raid healing, you EF into RSK to get healing via Rising Mist on all of those targets. Rising Mist will also increase the duration of all the EF HoTs by 4 seconds per RSK (up to its cap).

Thunder Focus Tea is off the GCD, so you can TFT + RSK in the same GCD.

1 Like

CREDIT: everyone in this thread, plus Anomoly at Peak of Serenity. This summary and all of its inaccuracies and controversies are my own.

Talents - Mist Wrap, Celerity (or player's choice), Spirit of the Crane, Ring of Peace, Diffuse Magic, Invoke Chi-Ji the Red Crane, Rising Mist.

Opener:

• Renewing Mist
  • Spinning Crane Kick to get the debuff on as many mobs as possible
  • Essence Font
  • Target Skull (or tank’s target) during the 3-second channel. (Possible to move while channeling!)
  • Rising Sun Kick

Go into dmg rotation:

• Alternate Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick until Rising Sun Kick is available
  • Thunder Focus Tea
  • Rising Sun Kick
  • Tiger Palm
  • Rising Sun Kick
  • Alternate Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick

Low-ish mana?

• Tiger Palm x3
  • Blackout Kick

• Vivify. (Don’t Soothing Mist channel first, it’s not a time-saver)

Things getting serious?

• Target Tank
  • Life Cocoon
  • Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane (on a 3-minute cooldown)
  • Soothing Mist channel
  • Enveloping Mist HoT
  • Vivify
  • if the worst is over, keep using Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick, and Spinning Crane Kick while Chi-Ji is out.
  • big "oh shoot!" heal if everything is going south: Revival (on a 3-minute cooldown)

• Make sure Renewing Mist always up on at least 1 ally. Spread them around.
  • Essence Font re-cast every 12 seconds; ALWAYS Rising Sun Kick immediately after this channel-cast.
  • When Thunder Focus Tea is available (every 30 seconds), use it to buff next Rising Sun Kick (then Tiger Palm, then Rising Sun Kick)

Suggested Legendaries:

• Tears of the Morning: goes well with the Rising Mist talent, feels strong to play with Fistweaving
  • Ancient Teachings of the Monastery: for 15 seconds after using Essence Font, your DPS spells heal 1 target at a time for 250% of damage

Suggested Covenant:

• Bastion - the covenant ability plus Chi-Ji does A LOT of healing when combined

I forgot to mention, Chi-Ji’s healing is scaled off of your mastery. The more mastery you have, the more Chi-Ji heals. And Essence Font’s hot causes your mastery to proc twice while its active on a player.

So you always want to Essence Font before Chi-Ji to buff your Chi-Ji heals.

1 Like

Just wanna touch on one thing. I’m a new Mistweaver myself, but you can stack Tiger Palms teaching of the monastery 3 times. Then fire off Blackout Kick which deals the original damage + 3 more Blackout kicks on top of it.

So in 4 GCDs you get 4 Blackout kicks and a higher/faster chance of resetting RSK as opposed to 8 GCDs for 4 blackout kicks (Tiger palm, blackout kick, repeat 4x)

1 Like

So, insert between “Life Cocoon the tank” and “cast Invoke Chi-Ji” above, got it.

So, question: where I say “alternate Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick until…” it should say “TP, TP, TP, Blackout Kick” ?

Yes. Now mind you, you want to watch the cool down on RSK. If RSK only has <3 seconds left, wait for RSK to come off of cool down, use it, then turn around and use Blackout Kick with your 3 stacks for best chances (and highest damage output) of resetting RSK :slight_smile:

SEMI-FINAL DRAFT

CREDITS: everyone in this thread, plus especially Anomoly from the Peak of Serenity website & Discord. Their article on Wowhead was the starting-point for this summary. BLAME: any inaccuracies, controversial choices, or suboptimal sequencing in this summary are wholly the fault of the summarizer Mandapi. Some are conscious, for a low skill-ceiling. Most are probably ignorant. (Notable example: it's possible to cast Thunder Focus Tea while Essence Font is channeling, and move the buffed Rising Sun Kicks into "opener." In this summary, this is saved for after we've gotten used to these basics.)

Talents - Mist Wrap, Celerity (or player's choice), Spirit of the Crane, Ring of Peace, Diffuse Magic, Invoke Chi-Ji the Red Crane, Rising Mist.

Opener:

• Renewing Mist
  • Spinning Crane Kick to get the debuff on as many mobs as possible
  • Essence Font (3-second channel—can move while casting!)
  • Target Skull (or tank’s target) during the channel.
  • Rising Sun Kick

Go into dmg rotation:

• Tiger Palm x3, then Blackout Kick, except:
  • as soon as Rising Sun Kick is available:
    • Thunder Focus Tea
    • Rising Sun Kick
    • Tiger Palm (or Vivify someone if they need it)
    • Rising Sun Kick
  • Back to Tiger Palm x3, then Blackout Kick, except:

• Target tank
  • Vivify. (Don’t Soothing Mist channel first, it’s not a time-saver)

Things getting serious?

• Target tank
  • Life Cocoon
  • Essence Font (it buffs Chi-Ji)
  • Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane (on a 3-minute cooldown)
  • Soothing Mist channel
  • Enveloping Mist HoT
  • Vivify
  • if the worst is over, target Skull (or tank’s target) & use Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick, and Spinning Crane Kick while Chi-Ji is out.
  • big "oh shoot!" heal if everything is going south: Revival (on a 3-minute cooldown)

• Make sure Renewing Mist always up on at least 1 ally. Spread them around.
  • Essence Font re-cast every 12 seconds; ALWAYS Rising Sun Kick immediately after this channel-cast.
  • When Thunder Focus Tea is available (every 30 seconds), use it to buff next Rising Sun Kick (then Tiger Palm (or Vivify someone if they need it), then Rising Sun Kick)

Use your other tools (e.g. Ring of Peace, Detox, Paralysis, Leg Sweep) as situations demand.

Suggested Legendaries:

• Tears of the Morning: goes well with the Rising Mist talent, feels strong to play with Fistweaving
  • Ancient Teachings of the Monastery: for 15 seconds after using Essence Font, your DPS spells heal 1 target at a time for 250% of damage

Suggested Covenant:

• Bastion - the covenant ability plus Chi-Ji does A LOT of healing when combined
2 Likes

Just a side note, you don’t have to use them individually to get the heals or the stacking buff to Enveloping Mists. If I don’t need the immediate heals, I like to Tiger Palm x2 into Blackout Kick = Free instant cast Enveloping Mists, into RSK, SCK, Blackout Kick = 2nd free Enveloping Mists :slight_smile:

Not that it changes your set up at all, but just a little insight

1 Like

I didn’t notice it there, but before you press your chi ji button, build up three stacks of teachings of the monastery. Then press it so you go in with three stacks

1 Like
#showtooltip Renewing Mist
/cast Thunder Focus Tea
/cast Rising Sun Kick

You might find this useful. Since TFT is off the GCD like others have said you can macro it into your Rising Sun Kick. So it will always be used just before your RSK when available.

I would also like to add:

I wouldn’t use Essence Font on cooldown. I would use it to keep your fist weaving legendary active though. So use it every 15 seconds. Unless of course there is heavy aoe damage coming out. I think this will help with mana.

1 Like

I have no idea what any of this means, and I’m not sure I want to.

:grin: