MW problems - PVP

Soothing mist not being able to channel while moving even though it takes a GCD and it is interruptible. This used to be a thing, removed for no real reason.

Diffuse Magic lasting 6 seconds, why? Remove the gimmicky reflect that does nothing and increase duration to match Dampen Harm.

Fortifying Brew - Weak. The base skill is weak, the traits are weak. The cooldown is way too long (even after the 2 minute reduction).

Sheilun’s Gift - Long CD (even traited to 40 seconds) and even longer cast. Should be either 3sec or 6 secs per stack (depending on traitline) not 4/8. This should honestly be instant cast or at the very least start from a 1.5 sec cast and be affected by haste.

Dematerialize - why is this not a base talent for all monk specs? its already gutted, like everything else…

1 Like

Removed for no real reason? You mean the reason of playing with 2 tanky hybrids and channeling through a pillar while they self sustain and you get to afk? Lol

Because you use this ability to REVERSE magic damage and temporarily pseudo bubble yourself to magic damage.

This is the case for every spec. It’s a terrible ability, and it has been that way for 3 expacs.

I don’t see many people even playing this in PVP as a “goto” button to press, it’s generally just the “oh no” button, similar to cocoon.

Because it’d make WW unkillable? And similar for MW. You can run this vs rogues in PVP, at literally no talent expense, and survive goes purely because of it.

Sheilun’s Gift Should be instant to be used in PVP. Soothing mist should have a talent where we can cast it while walking at least once in 30 sec. Zen should have damage bumped in PVP only.
You do those things and MW is in a lot better spot.

2 Likes

soothing while running roflmao

The old legion era soothing that was not kickable did close to no healing. You had to spec out of it into a kickable version so it actually healed

That was the trade off

Ancient Mistweaver Arts PvP Talent

Requires Monk

Soothing Mist is now an active spell, and no longer is automatically applied through casting Effuse, Enveloping Mist or Vivify.

Soothing Mist PvP Talent

40 yd range

Channeled 1 sec cooldown

Requires Monk
Requires level 10

Heals the target for (900% of Spell power) over 20 sec.

While channeling, Effuse and Enveloping Mist are instant cast, and will heal the soothed target without breaking the Soothing Mist channel.

this was a thing and it was really annoying, cheesy, and boring. wow look he’s channeling SooM behind a pillar, so cool. oh, he peaked for viv gcd ooooooo back behind the pillar!
i’m also not a huge fan of taking it off gcd; we have pretty consistently big-good heals, low mana costs, and for them all to be instant, would be kinda insane. this would also gut half our talents. i think .5 gcd is a much better compromise. no movement casting, its dumb.

Its not really gimmicky. You get dots on yourself, you send them back to the enemy. Reduces magic damage by a really good amount for 6s. It also breaks channels on you.

True, but considering we have access to 4 different walls + port/peace stuns i’d say our walls not being too outrageous is ok. You can also use fort while kicked, which isn’t the case for most specs and their walls.

eh, you should be popping sheilun’s when you’re going to try to use the buffs to circumvent the use of cds. so at 32-40s you’re getting a 12-15s buff, and clouds accumulate while the buff is active; not really a long cd.

cast time should be reduced just because 2s feels so bad, not even necessarily a balance thing, just a QoL thing.

lots of dead talents on lots of specs; shouldn’t be baseline, blizz should just have less dead talents altogether.

Man I miss playing in tournaments back in Legion and the Jahmilli was spamming in chat Soothing mists through pillar while Novoz sat behind a pillar doing JUST that for a 18 minute game vs us.

Good times. 10/10 would not want again. Would rather MWs get Mistwalk back.

This wouldn’t be a “Dead talent” if they didn’t nerf it into the ground before it made it off the PTR. People whined and complained about it so much IIRC (“OMG! MW is going to be OP!”), they gutted it almost immediately. It became a “Dead talent” before most people even got to test it.

Well, that ain’t happening seeing as they basically gave it to the dragons.

1 Like

If that was the case then pressing dampen harm before going into stun would save my life, not force me to still trinket from just 1 dps

1 Like

Mistweavers are really lacking ability to spam heal while on the move and under pressure, especially with the removal of Bonedust brew.