Mw monk raid caster build

Hey can anyone link some of their caster talent trees that has been working for them as of 10.0.5. i dont mind fist weaving but i would like to spice it up and try going caster melee . thanks!

1 Like

This is my raid build Mistweaver Monk Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.5 PTR (wowhead.com)

My m+ build: Mistweaver Monk Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.5 PTR (wowhead.com)

Raid build is more of a Legion era AT/RM/Sheilun’s build. M+ build is a tears/CF/Sheilun’s build.

They’re fun :3

1 Like

Basically that raid built, except I take celestial over unison blah blah blah

Why ancient teaching for a ranged build? Seems like a waste.

Because it’s not a ranged build. OP asked for “caster” builds but still wants to stay in melee. Arguably the raid build is more of a hybrid but still leans on the caster side of things with sheiluns. ( by caster I mean tears and sheilun’s builds in this case )

Supposed to still be in melee regardless of build as MW. To not do so is just gimps you auras/interrupt and mana regen, and damage if you care about that.

Simple answer is that CF wasnt doing anything for me in raids when I originally had a tears/CF build, so I played with my talents. AT was better than CF for raid environments and gave me passive maintenance healing and mana regen through SotC for things I was already doing anyways ( TP/Bok during downphases and RSK after EF ). Which means during downphases in raids I can regen and then pump more once I know the fights. AT also doesnt limit me to a single area like Fey Line for the free healing it provides, AT also works with RM which I already had already. RM was a better fit for raids and larger group sizes so it was an obvious choice.
CF wasnt doing much for me in raids except for on Broodmother when tanks needed the healing funneled to them. I was mostly just using my m+ tears/cf build on that fight when I was a lower ilvl so I could do that much tank healing without going OOM, now I just pick up the 150%+ life cocoon talent now for that fight and shield through the tank buster, she cant even break it most times. ( work smarter not harder )
There wasnt much mana savings in a raid environment through CF for me either, which was originally why I wanted to use it in raids - to offset mana heavy nature. It just wasn’t doing much. soo-viv-viv-viv felt extremely limiting in raids and generally became overhealing outside of the one fight…so I took AT. IF tank healing was more prevalent in raid content Id most likely still have CF, but tanks generally put out a ton of self healing. IMO CF needs to achieve it’s full buff at 2 stacks and not 3.

Also with tea of plenty I can get a few RSK in a row with TFtea, which means a buncha healing through RM and AT when I tft-ef-rsk-rsk, BOKx3 for possibly a third reset. :3

So no. not a waste at all in raids if you are playing properly and making use of the talent. It’s only a waste if you dont ever tp/bok/rsk. Which I suggest one does even for SOTC mana and the extra ren mists.

If you missed it this is what the OP asked or:

My builds are just that, hybrid caster-melee’s but still avoiding Fey Line. They play like Legion builds. Try em out!

learn to fistweave

learn to mistweave

1 Like

I fistweave exclusively for raids, but thanks for useless input

1 Like

B4QAP1tpyZCKK6xz/PGFSDdghVCKIBalSjIRSSSJKSJNBAAAAAAAAAAAAAJlQikEJikkk0kAAAE

This is the build I use for both, however, I don’t raid outside of LFR bc it’s not my preferred content. It’s working very well for me in M+ though. :grin:

1 Like