Multiple Instances of Battlenet

Why do I have 3 instances of battlenet running in Task Manager Apps and 4 running in background processes. My computer is getting overloaded and wow and battlenet is all I am run.

2 Likes

When you restart the computer do those reappear Overlock?

If so can you take a screenshot of the Task Manager. Upload to Imgur or a similar hosting service. Postimage.org is one I like.

Sorry, this was a while ago now - changed my character back to Overlock and just saw your response. TBH, I’m tired of trying to find something wrong with MY computer when things worked fine the last time I logged in. Blizzard always says to delete the WTF folder - resets all addons etc. etc. It’s usually a problem on Blizzard’s end and they don’t admit they are at fault and instead get us trying to do things on our computer - often making things worse.

In the end I just ran WoW through it’s own exe and bypassed battlenet altogether which of course fixed the problem.

Thank you for your response <3

3 Likes

Hey Overlock,

The Blizzard app should only have 2 running under apps and 1 under background processes. If you are seeing more, that could indicate that there is a problem with the Blizzard app such as corrupted files. Usually deleting the Battle.net cache can help with that.

You can also see if the ‘multiple instances of Battle.net’ option is checked under the Settings > General menu.

1 Like

Thanks - I have a procedure that I do - I go to file explorer, rename the cache file and log in. No, I don’t have multiple instances of battle.net enabled. At the moment I have blizzard as one background process and 3 Apps. There’s battlenet and 2 instances of the blizzard battlenet App. It’s okay, I’m able to play the game - at the moment there are huge lag issues and I understand there are supposedly DDOS attacks - it’s nasty when certain people won’t leave us gamers to play our games in peace. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Heya Overlock,

There should be one Blizzard Update Agent as well as one Blizzard Battle.net App (may contain 2-3 sub-process) - These should all be minimal for how much system resources they consume.

Of course, it should save even more system resources to exit the app on game launch. We can do that with the application’s settings menu!

I do hope this info helps.

2 Likes

I know this is a bit late, but I was just working on this and found this thread. The way it seems to work is when the game is running, there is only one instance of Blizzard Battle.net App in the processes. After logging out, there are 3. Get back in game, 2 disappear and there is only one again. I found a cure for that. I went to the settings and fixed it to where when I start the game, it exits out of the battle.net app. Also I changed it to where when I click the X on the battle.net app to close it out, it EXITS the program. So ZERO battle.net is running during the game or after it’s closed. It’s only in the processes when it’s on your screen and before you hit play and it starts the game.

Easy fix. Loving it.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like