Multiple Class Action Lawsuits Filed Against Acti-Blizz

This entire thread has been a party, my dear. You’re arriving so fashionably late, as any good blood elf forum poster should.

I swear it’s always the same with these blood elves.

2 Likes

Well, it’s nice to know you know how to end a party well before everyone gets there.

Responding to a blood elf paladin forum poster. /cackle

I thought the coffee case was less about how hot the coffee was and more about not securing the lid on it properly

Well I guess you could say that response was a waste of time for you, but for a gnome being short changed on time management, it’s probably routine for you.

<3

1 Like

Please only comment in this thread if you have a degree from Yale Law School.

How’s the Dead Scar doing? Find any blood elf druids to heal that mess up yet? Sorry about the human dude who swept through your ancient and powerful kingdom and wiped out 90% of your race!

It is true. We were killed off by one of the strongest villians in the history of Azeroth. We rebuilt it and we prosper now.

Meanwhile it took your race 10 years to get back half of your city from some leaper gnome almost nobody has ever heard of.

/cheers mate.

2 Likes

Let’s be clear here everyone.

So far only Pomerantz LLP has a class action lawsuit that is progressing through court. This was filed by a single ATVI shareholder who holds 28 ATVI shares that were purchased near the end of Nov / Early Dec 2018

There is 3 other law firms that have put out expressions of interests to see if they can also get clients to file class actions or join the existing one. Technically they have yet to file as generally when you file something like this you give a court you’ve raised it in as well as a docket number. So far those details have not been published. So we can assume here that only the one class action has been filed.

Also Blizzard Entertainment has had a class action filed against them before and Activision Blizzard has been investigated in the past for security fraud. So it’s not like Activision Blizzard have never had this sort of legal attention on them before - they have and they have survived it.

For security fraud it’s generally investigated by the SEC. ATVI would need to get an official letter from the SEC that they are being investigated and they must filed that as a SEC filing back to the SEC. Giving the timings given in the current filings this may not occur for another 30 - 74 days or so.

9 Likes

All 30 of you prosper, yes. And I’ve been a gnome for like, 4 days. :wink:

Oh I’m sorry, I thought you gnomes were supposed to be smart and don’t shift their arguments from in game statistics to lore elements.

I guess we could say you just couldn’t reach the top shelf of good arguments on that one.

:3

1 Like

If we’re gonna talk about actual justifications for why Gnomeregan was ruined pre-Vanilla, it’s because the Darkspear didn’t have a capital city, so the Alliance would have one more capital than the Horde. That’s why they turned Gnomeregan into a dungeon, because they still wanted to explore it, even if they couldn’t make a capital out of it.
#TheMoreYouKnow :rainbow:

Yet, they still get a dungeon out of it that all factions could enjoy.

The Horde got a boring quest area. And in 2019. It’s still a boring quest area.

:confused:

Not sure how this would be considered illegal at all. Nobody deserves to be awarded money over it.

2 Likes

Hey! Not ALWAYS the same ^^

Rofl speak for yourself. Horde quest area was awesome. So what if it’s not pretty sparkly blood elf nonsense. For me personally, learning more about the Loa was a treat.

1 Like

McDonald’s coffee lady was badly burned. She dumped the whole cup onto her sweatpants and it just sat there for a lengthy period.

No policies were changed because of this. McDonald’s serves its coffee at ~175-195 degrees still today, as do many other places.

1 Like

Gee, almost like common sense should be a factor and policies changing for that incident would be stupid, because it was entirely on her idiocy…

2 Likes

imma wait for Bellular to make a video on it since he knows his stuff pretty well

Why disparage Harvard law?

3 Likes

ok quick recap.

So far only Pomerantz LLP have an actual solid , properly filed and assigned to judge class action law suit.

The case is between a single ATVI shareholder and the Defendants as named -

Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Robert A. Kotick
Spencer Neumann
Collister Johnson

Currently this is at the Central District of California court. ATVI’s lawyers were served with a summon on the 22nd of Jan for which they have 21 days to respond. The first meeting on this will be 30 days from the 18th of Jan according to the Judge’s calender.

All other law firms so far are just fishing for clients as they can join in on the existing lawsuit. So they can make bank on it. This does not mean they also have separate lawsuits going through the court - the way you can tell is they haven’t shared the case # but specify it’s been filed in the central District of California and people are to respond by March 19. That date is exactly 60 days after the original filing date of the Pomerantz class action and would be about the minimum length of time for that class action to progress to an outcome.

5 Likes