Multiple accounts under same bnet

I have two wow accounts, one is active the other is not. With the new change to outlawing multboxing i have noticed that i can no longer log in to both accounts at the same time. Does this mean that people with multiple accounts can no longer log in simultaneously ( I’m thinking family who are logging in with multiple accounts under the same bnet)?

This has already happened for quite some time in wow’s history. Its not new. You just need to have a different battle.net account and set of gaming accounts. Any time someone tries to log into wow or battle.net with another account you will get a message say someone has logged in.

1 Like

I’m logged into my two accounts under the same bnet right now, not come across any issues with it.

8 Likes

Well thats kind of a bullass change, i used to be able to start two instances of wow and now I can’t. It makes my second account practically useless. So I can’t share my achievements with my family members they have to do all the stuff that i didnt like doing all on their own.

1 Like

The new change only makes it illigal to use third party software to copy keystrokes ect. Being logged into multiple accounts of the same bnet is still fine. Perhaps your PC can no longer handle multiple copies running?

3 Likes

No the PC is new, could be that it has to be an active account.

Ehm… account sharing is not permitted unless they are minors?

3 Likes

You have a couple of options, you use the launcher and choose the account you want to open, wait for it to finish and do it again with the other account.

Or you open two wow windows and log in on both, choosing the accounts you want logged in.

Uhm. yes. accounts need to be subbed to be able to be played. Though this weekend, even unsubbed accounts can log in.

Well my wife wanted to get into the game with me so I put her on my second account which is not subbed, but when we tried to log on at the same time we couldnt. I was going to resub the second account if she wanted to keep playing. We can’t log in at the same on either account under my bnet.

1 Like

Your wife will need her own account, it’s against the ToS to share.
You can make her a starter account for free and with just 1 sub it’ll upgrade to BFA, no need to purchase SL unless she likes it.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure its not against the TOS to have her use my other account.

2 Likes

Trust me, it is. You may only share with minor family members.

-edit, found a mod response on the issue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/sharing-battlenet-account-with-spouse-allowed/560803/2?u=unian-lightbringer

3 Likes

You and whoever agreed with you would be incorrect.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/30182

3 Likes

I was waiting for a smartie to show up. I need more coffee.

Well thanks I guess we’ll stick to her game which is SWTOR.

1 Like

Again… your problem is solved by getting her an account. It would cost you the same amount as if you started up your other one.

Not to mention, if you use recruit a friend, you will get some rewards as well as some free game time.

4 Likes

Good point!

Not the same, if she were under my bnet she would have the same things I have. Makes having multiple accounts under the same bnet pointless.

1 Like