Multicultural Marketing

Patiently I waited and watched as my Blizzard newsletter email loaded from poopoo colored text-only format to standard view. “Get the Steamscale Incinerator mount with your purchase of a 6-month subscription” todays message headlined. I was a wee bit disheartened as I’m not one to buy my scripts in bulk. After darkness is light and after light dark they say? Well what was once in the inbox is now in the trash.

So which audience is this ad targeted towards if not mine. Is it for the players who like to save that 20 sum dollars a year and fully utilize their sub time? Or is it for the Asmonauts whose relevancy is determined by the decency of their mount collections? I typically see neither of those around but rather casual gamers repeating the latest memes from social media.

In my opinion Blizz should be implementing multicultural elements into their ads and catering to that crowd. Obviously personal opinion or judgement should never determine your marketing strategy but when half the country is jacking systemic racism people are looking for an outlet to vent not lava barfing mech dragon. I am baffled by how few local businesses here in my hood are utilizing multicultural marketing strategies in their sales aproach. It’s almost like they are doing the exact opposite…

For some reason I’m remembering a scene for the 2013 baseball movie 42. The Dodgers manager, played by Harrison Ford, arguing with someone about why adding Jackie Robinson, played by Chadwick Boseman, to the team is a good thing for baseball.
“Dollars aren’t black or white. They’re green.”

I think that’s kinda what you’re getting at, no?

From another thread I was in recently, which I cannot seem to find now to give credit where credit is due:

"I think, (cough)…

Erm… nevermind."

(Closes door quiety after 12 edits and 2000 words. What can I say? I’m nothing if not a passionate writer, but I was playing with fire here.)

What multicultural elements should have been employed in marketing this?

2 Likes

I’ll will let you know. I’m just at the bus stop right now. Dont want you to think I’m leaving you hanging

How well did that work out for skittles?
Going woke just puts you on their hate radar

Companies pandering to the left are like abused spouses. They just hope they don’t get another beating tonight

2 Likes

Magic wands that change the color of your enemy.

More rainbows

Implement mog sliders

The possibilities are endless. Left and right would be satisfied

Greater selection of mustaches and rat tails