Multiboxing

Some people like it. Some people don’t. I have zero interest in debating with those who don’t like it. That’s not the purpose of this thread.

I started 2-boxing in Everquest. I have never played WoW without 2-boxing (or more). The most fun I’ve ever had in this game was learning to 5-box in classic. I did every 5-man dungeon. Some were much harder than others. It was very challenging and fun. I was really looking forward to learning to 5-man TBC dungeons.

After the ban of software broadcast I quit for a few months. Last month I decided to try hardware broadcasting in TBC. I invested money in the hardware required and reactivated my accounts. Then, BAM, they changed the rules again - no hardware broadcast. They also added some phrasing that multiboxing is not allowed if it affects solo play - which means anyone who simply sees you running around with several toons on follow can report you for simply offending them.

My point? Instead of alienating a portion of your player base why not do what EQ has done - different rules for different servers. Provide a server for multiboxers and people with multiple accounts free moves there.

2 Likes

Blame the farming bots for this happening, not the people reporting them

And if you want servers for them, then they need to be fully isolated, basically you cant transfer absolutely nothing from them to other servers, such has gold or items.

12 Likes

Apparently neither does Blizz

11 Likes

Easier to ban multiboxing than bots apparently

3 Likes

They still don’t allow input broadcasting over on EQ. Multibox software is fine, without the input broadcast part. At least it used to be that way.

They still don’t allow input broadcasting over on EQ.

I wasn’t suggesting to emulate EQ in every specific, I was suggesting to copy EQ in the respect that they have different servers with different rules.

However, I did think they allowed key broadcast on some servers.

We don’t need multiboxing specific servers. Multibox on any server you want to right now.

1 Like

I mean, EQ is full of MQ2 users regardless of the rules. I set down EQ a few months ago and the ban waves were rolling in but they would be back up and running in short time regardless. Point being, I would be curious to see if a rule set server would even matter at the end of the day. You’re always going to have the people that do it and the people that hate it and very rarely do you successfully weed them all out. The new TLP Aradune was supposed to be a true box, but they have a ridiculous amount of bot army’s anyways.
Doesn’t matter to me either way, I can run a full group in EQ and be good to go, I can’t box worth a damn in WoW but I’m happy for those who can. :joy:

1 Like

We don’t need multiboxing specific servers. Multibox on any server you want to right now.

Two comments. First the new ToS have a very subjective statement about multiboxing affecting solo play. Multiboxing in any semi-crowded area will affect solo play. One player report and one GM who agrees later - you’re done.

Second - I should have been more specific. I mean a multibox server that allows key broadcast.

If the existence of Classic is any indication, dedicated servers are still a possibility if you can demonstrate adequate demand.

1 Like

You have to really go out of your way to disrupt solo play. I have never had a problem with this myself.

No. You blame the inadequate management. The people who insist on adding stupid ideas and worse rules to an increasingly smaller number of players.

These folks are MUDWhimpers (look it up) and worse are bad at their jobs.

That’s your opinion. I’ve talked to many players who feel any multiboxing affects them because you’re killing more mobs - mobs they would like to kill. And some players would say multiboxing even in dungeons affects them because it affects the economy.

My point is that the ToS is so subjective that it only takes a player and GM who lean more towards anti-boxing than you do to get you suspended/banned.

Pretty much. Do enough people even multibox for them to even consider having a dedicated server/servers that allows it? Have no probs with folks who like to multibox. They didn’t seem to much of a problem until BFA, and this expansion. Bots of course have always been a problem. and they don’t really need the software that multiboxers use. Heck the bot hacker that blizz beat in court a few years ago made his own bot hack program.

I have seen groups of actual people disrupt solo play as well. It is very subjective to say something is disrupted anyway. You can even accomplish as a single player in some situations. It really has nothing to do with multiboxing specifically.

In my opinion Blizzard designs some content to be very disruptive for players intentionally.

This is your or their opinion. I find it to be false generically speaking. I find bots affect the economy to a greater extend and they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

You can currently still generate trade goods with multiboxing there was nothing stated about this in the rules.

I guess this is all speculation too. I am sure you would get some sort of warning in any case if you are being disruptive.

Should not be allowed at all.

3 Likes

Orctang - these are the people I’m talking about. They see you go by on autofollow and they’ll report you. Doesn’t matter if you key broadcast or not. X-keys makes button strips. Place 4 of these in parallel you can easily tap four buttons at once with your left hand. Even with the 16 button strips, this is not a lot of buttons. But as soon as you do this someone like Cayna is going to report you for multicasting. (He’s so against multiboxing he doesn’t even want there to be a dedicated server that couldn’t possibly affect him in any way - that’s exactly the sort of irrational response you’d eventually run in to). Doesn’t matter if you actually are multicasting. It just takes one GM who doesn’t like multiboxing and you’re done. That’s my concern. A server with a different rule set would separate the “MAC fanboys” from the “PC fanboys” if you get the analogy. No “less filling/tastes great” war required.

probably not going to cause you problems unless youre literally carpet bombing a spot where something is required to finish quests, etc.
The complainers Just seeing you isnt going to be enough to get you banned.

1 Like

basically your mad you cant multibox because the way you want to do it will get you banned goodness sake just admit thats the reason your complaining.

2 Likes

literally lmao…we didnt get here in a vaccuum, guy…bllizzard IS debating with someone or they wouldnt be changing anything.