Multiboxing

Clearly he is wrong because before the changes that boxing page literally said that boxing was allowed. We posted quotes here 1000 times over the lying ‘cheating’ slander in here.

it still happens but it’s harder now since using software/addons or even hardware to emulate keypress on all accounts at the same time is no longer allowed, you can play as many accounts as you want, but you have to manually play each one, no more automating actions.

Took Blizzard long enough to deal with these cheaters.

Yall can cry about this all you want. It will never come back the way it was.

Because it was cheating.

Here, let me help you:

we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay

Then stop spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

What post?

Here’s Blizzard’s official stance on Multiboxing:

Since you know it was cheating, it will be easy for you to provide a link to Blizz saying that they changed the rules because it was cheating.

I know you won’t because it didn’t happen. It’s your opinion. Nothing more. You’re certainly welcome to it, but it’s not factual.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

9 Likes

VERY easy stuff here. With dates, lol.
November 3, 2020 the rules were updated.
BEFORE that date, it wasnt against the rules because the rules had not yet been changed to deem use of said mirror software a violation.
it WASNT cheating…UNTIL it was…

On November 3, 2020, we posted an update to our policy for input broadcasting software, and soon thereafter, we began taking action against accounts found to be using third party software to automatically mirror keystrokes to multiple game clients. We find that, like full automation of play, multiple-account mirroring disturbs the gameplay experience for the vast majority of players who control a single account at a time.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way. Players found to be in violation of this policy are subject to account actions. These actions can include warnings, account suspensions and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player’s World of Warcraft account(s), as activities which effectively replicate automated gameplay are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

We urge all players to cease using any means of mirroring gameplay across multiple WoW accounts immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.

Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021

1 Like

Automated multi boxing was a pox on WoW and blizzard was too slow to address it. Having it gone is the greatest thing to happen to WoW.

1 Like

how so? the game is exactly the same from my point of view

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree that automation had to go, it unfortunately hasn’t deterred the bots and their gangs.

1 Like

I play every single day. Sometimes upwards of 10 hours. lol.
I see pretty much the same amount of boxers now as I did prior to the changes.
And frankly solo players have interrupted my game play while boxers never have.
In fact, boxers have sat on a node and allowed me to farm before they depleted it.
Ive yet to see a single issue caused by a player who is boxing.
Ive had TONS of cases of solo players doing petty trash like killing a quest NPC over and over for half our till I had to report them and have them removed.

1 Like

You cannot use hardware or software to broadcast our input commands and also cannot use any form of key broadcasting where one action causes others to do an action on the same keystroke.

Blizzard says that in order to multibox you would have to have all screens up at the same time, then you have to click on each screen individually and control each toon separately. Which makes it impossible. FFXIV does not have this restriction. They allow it, but do not support it. So pretty much they will not ban you if you are not causing a disruption.

WoW players got it banned because they began multiboxing dozens of toons at a time.

There should be no reason why we cannot box up to 5 toons at the same time and have that be it. The way it used to be. It is the fact that a select few had to abuse it and began boxing 40+ toons or sometimes 20+ and making it impossible to beat them.

And if you still think that you CAN do true multiboxing with shared key broadcasting, then go ahead and do it. See how long you last. That is banned.

And as for Solitude the low level rogue posting on an alt, it is not cheating.

It was removed because a very small select few ABUSED the system, by spawn camp raid boxing and also by using multiple toons to farm multiple nodes at different locations.

Blizz should just bring it back and have it so that you cannot box more than 5 at a time and also cannot have any professions while you do so. Then everyone would be happy cuz a 5 box group is fairly easy to beat.

If Blizz allowed it and then sold the software for it, they could make a lot of money.

TL;DR

Boxing is banned.

End of discussion.

No one cares about cheaters other than cheaters.

Yea and Blizzard lost money because of it. No more mass buying of toon boosts or wow token buys from the boxers. The boxers went to other MMOs that allow it. Such as FFXIV. Not cheating. Go level.

1 Like

ln the same way that they lost money because of any millions of reasons. I’m sure that with your accounting knowledge and insider information of the financial books of Blizzard though, that you have all of this worked out to the letter.

Get real.

Never said any of that wasnt true.
I said ‘boxing isnt banned’
And currently, it isnt.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.

The reason is the game maker said we cant.
Im still fuming about Ion trashing my Loot-a-rang. lol. Know what I can do about it? Nothing. Literally.
I can toss fits in here about it, I spose, and hes pretty much made it clear he’s not going to revert the pointless, spiteful changes he made that only serve to cost me more gold than necessary to use it on every alt I make.

This is blizzard. Overreaction is their middle name, lol. Just like the over reaction to the loot-a-rang. Overreaction to specs/classes instead of making small changes they ruin entire specs. Just like the over reaction that caused them to destroy the hunter pet fun by removing specs. Just like over reaction caused them a long while back to trash my hunter pet threat.

This is what they do. Over react. Id think we’d all understand this by now.

You can alt tab. You can use follow. It’s not impossible. It’s just more time consuming.

Bots still do this and have infiltrated my server with their shenanigans that I have to constantly report, because they disrupt leveling by taking everything as a 5 man group so you cannot tag.

It isn’t. You were given links from Blizz explaining this.

It’s not end of discussion because you’re wrong.

4 Likes

In order to box, one person boosted over 200 toons and bought server exfers for each of them 3x. And that was just ONE of the boxers and not even the top one. It brings Blizzard money. They are very good at making decisions that lose them money. It was allowed all the way thru WoTLK and slightly beyond but they removed /follow in bgs and then began doing other things to get rid of it. You cant /follow in bgs or arenas anymore. Like I said you want to multibox then go play FF. The community there actually isnt this way towards it.

Blizzard actually LIED and said the reason why they did all these changes was to get rid of the bots.the bots still exist, the multiboxers don’t. So it is very clear that Blizzard WANTS the bots but do not want multiboxers. Their actions have proven such.

1 Like

yup.
just reported a stack of them over at the Mists LFR NPC the last week. Nearly every day theyre popping in and out of the instance, running over to the vendor across the room, then back into the instance.
About half the time I do a Mists LFR run for something the bots are there.

1 Like

There is a difference between automated inputs and key broadcasting. The key broadcasting was banned. You cannot use hardware or software to key broadcast your toons anymore.

I used to see it back in bc and cata, but then haven’t seen it since other than forum wining.

I got a second account to play with my daughters back in BC. I started playing them both at once and really prefer to mulibox in open world. I just like have two toons together. I use two laptops side by side and nothing for assisting, no software or even macros. I just use easy rotations and mainly mouse on right side and keypad with left. Sometimes I’ll run a tank and healer together for a world boss. Can basically just play the tank and hit a heal spell from time to time on other toon. If i pick a main for mythics or something, i basically need to relearn the spec rather than button mashing.