Multiboxing should be bannable

How is me playing five 'toons, minding my own business, unfair to you or anyone else?

3 Likes

And the basic lack of understanding seems to continue unabated.

Your character lost to N other characters. I know you’ll repeat that you lost to a single human being. And then I’ll repeat that your character lost to N other characters…ad infinitum.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t it? Can you not read it? Can a blue post really undermine your entire understanding of the english language?

The question is not whether MB software falls under the cheating definition in the eula (it does). The question is why they chose to forbid it in the legal eula while at the same time condoning it on the forums.

The EULA uses the word interface tho. It does not use the word inject.

A quick google search can easily prove this statement blatantly false.

Oh really? What about the popular “one keystoke one action” rule? That went out the window?

Change the wording in the EULA to not include all software that facilitates gameplay.

Mind linking us this authorized list?

Wasn’t asking for your help.

The act of multiboxing is explicitly permitted. The software is not.

Bots can also be made that do not use any software running on the same machine. They would be allowed too.

Except I just made one.

It automates the control of characters running in different windows.

It facilitates gameplay which is the language used in the EULA.

It alters gameplay for the single individual who accepted the EULA.

It is prohibited by the verbiage of the license agreement, which is being selectively unenforced.

Actually, the EULA defines the EULA. Just because I write the word “green” does not give me the power to say “I actually wrote the word blue”.

I agree.

They have convinced you to ignore the meaning of plain english and to imagine words that aren’t there.

…to imagine words that aren’t there…

Oh I highly doubt that. I would love to see an accredited lawyer post a legal opinion regarding how multibox software is permitted within the scope of the eula.

+1

The words in the eula define the eula.

No it does not.

Please quote the eula when referencing this “rule” while also claiming there is no inconsistency.

The words in the eula say otherwise.

It’s a concept that is not mentioned in the license agreement.

They are a single licensee.

Please quote the relevant potion of the eula thaat contains this language. kthx.

Please quote. thx.

Clearly prohibitive of all software that facilitates gameplay.

It did.

This forum software does.

It’s unauthorized software that changes and facilitates gameplay which is defined as cheating in the EULA.

Please post relevant section of eula containing this distinction. thank you.

Lots of people asserting what the eula says. Zero quotes from the eula itself.

If this game was all about the player, then leveling and gearing would be account wide.

But of course it’s not, it’s about the characters, so playing on one character can be a very different experience to playing on another of your characters.

When you are up against 10 characters in PvP the number of players behind them is irrelevant. You are up against 10 characters, each of which is on a separate, paid-for account, and each of which has been leveled and geared.

And the funniest thing, when people are whining about multiboxing in PvP now, is that multiboxers are so rare in PvP since the elimination of the /follow command for characters in PvP combat, it’s unlikely anyone complaining has seen a multiboxer in a BG in the last 6 months.

And when people complain about multiboxers gathering, they make absurd and obviously untruthful claims, such as having seen a group of 11 herbing. Nodes despawn after a set number of taps. Nobody can pick one node 11 times.

As the anti-boxing crowd has no respect for honesty, does not care that Blizzard expressly states it is okay, and the dregs of that crowd have no argument other than ad hominems and abuse, one has to wonder what’s really behind these multiple threads.

Perhaps a rumour mentioned here is correct, and it’s actual botters getting together in an effort to remove the competition.

]

4 Likes

No, it doesn’t go out the window at all and in fact that’s a key differentiation between multiboxing and automated gameplay. One keystroke results in one action in any given client. Anti-automation rules are at the client level. Multiboxing is expressly permitted, automated gameplay is expressly forbidden.

So discord… any third party communication software. Wow head. Among others. Because after all it is your wording. “make (an action or process) easy or easier.” All of those make the action of playing easier.

2 Likes

Yeah so the moral implications here are that multiboxing has upsides and downsides. It’s not like someone adding power to their one character with no drawbacks.

Link please. The latest TOS I read has neither word in it. It has this.

bots; i.e. any code and/or software, not expressly authorized by Blizzard, that allows the automated control of a Game, or any other feature of the Platform, e.g. the automated control of a character in a Game;strong text

You need to google better.

One keystroke one action per client. Do you understand what a client is?

2 Likes

You left out all the add-ons that facilitate gameplay. :wink:

To be fair, to you it’s irrelevant. To many others, it’s quite relevant how many toons individuals are controlling. But that is where our views on the topic diverge.

Please quote eula mention of automation that does not limit it to “software”. TY.

Addons are expressly authorized.

1 Like

Multiboxing is legal, is sanctioned by Blizzard and here is an article about Blizzard’s multiboxing policy for BfA:

So stop crying about it. Multiboxing isn’t going anywhere soon.

1 Like

So purely hardware-based solutions that clone keystrokes are just fine with you but a software solution to do the same thing isn’t?

I was gonna let him/her walk into the “if it uses the API its ok” trap.

1 Like

I am not expressing my personal opinion. I am stating what is defined in the license.

That’s not exactly what it does.

If you duplicate this tab while typing a response, it will certainly copy your draft to the new tab. But if you try to continue typing in the old tab, you’ll get a pop-up stating that the new tab has control and you need to refresh.

Strict duplication would be if I opened a second copy, then pressed “t”, there would be two "t"s. That doesn’t happen. Also, even if it did do that, Blizzard made both things. So it’s not really relevant.

1 Like

The entire discussion of other software is irrelevant.

Nope. They killed World Quest group finder rather quickly.

Just one more thing you are incorrect about. Maybe we should keep a tally.

To be fair, only Blizzard’s opinion is relevant, and seeing how part of the founding team were avid 'boxers, coupled with that even back in the heyday there were only around ~200 out of the total population, the playstyle is likely to remain.

3 Likes

Did they ban its users for cheating?