Multiboxing seems like an unfair advantage

People can still multibox without the software so to hell with it

9 Likes

You can’t really. You need the software.

So you can’t effectively multibox.

Ooops

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for linking the multiboxing policy, Fuzz.
People questioning what is and isn’t okay or think they know without the proper research should give it a read.

If someone still has questions then they should take it to Blizzard and ask in the Customer Support forum instead of attempting to create discord about it here.

7 Likes

It is sus. welcome to classic. In era level. Full manual (which is allowed) is not arduous at 1 to 60 level.

Run autoattack heavy dps (that be most), flip to 2nd account and heal them. Go back to dps when cd’s up.

Lack of actual casts lower levels, mana starvation…this is not hard. you don’t need deep level scripting here.

take a paladin. you need to be on them every 8 seconds or so as the special attack comes off CD. Just jump on second client those 8 seconds.

1 Like

Just as a bit of clarification here.

You can have as many accounts open as you like as long as you’re manually playing them without external software / hardware that sends commands to the other windows.

I linked the multibox TOS somewhere in the thread earlier if you would like to take a gander but I think I see what you’re meaning though… the “old way” of multiboxing so to speak… what people think of when they hear the term multiboxing (someone using software to mirror etc).

Yw and customer service will basically say they same thing. They can’t say what is and isn’t ok but alt + tab or multi windows open and hover to activate a window or clicking on each window works.

I believe mac users (why would you play wow on a mac… but I digress) have a form of fast tabbing built into mac but idk? I don’t dabble with macs all that often.

7 Likes

And the support article you provided has an additional link to the change made regarding the policy on input broadcasting (what so many refer to as “botting software”) which again does provide some clarity on this.

Exactly.
But for those that are intent on argument getting it directly from Blizzard might end their rabblerousing.
Though probably not.
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

And people without jobs and spouses have a significant WoW advantage over me. So? You don’t pay hardcore to compare to others.

7 Likes

There why is there a leaderboard?

If he’s using software/hardware that inputs more than 1 instance of wow or is using a bot program to automate the priest, then just report it and move on. That’s bannable, and he will be banned at some point. If he’s tabbing or playing 2 wows, where he’s only using 1 instance input at a time, then there’s nothing wrong with that. Sure, it may give him an advantage. But, it’s not ever going to be as good at 2 separate players in a group.

There will always be people who always use whatever loophole they can find, to have an advantage. Fortunately, what others are doing doesn’t really matter to my own progress.

Report someone doing something that affects you in no way and has no harm to anyone in the game? Yeah that’s the classic community in a nutshell.

5 Likes

That’s how it affects him, but how does it affect you? In what way has it altered how you play or what you can acquire or do?

Also a quick note, his healer isn’t healing automatically. He has to cast that himself. He can make macro’s so he doesn’t have to manually target his heals, but anyone can do that. If he really IS running something that will run his healer automatically, then just send a screencap of your conversation in - it’s botting and that is against the ToS. It wouldn’t be any more permissible if her were just playing the healer and it was auto-healing his party.

NM! You already answered it. Fair enough, thanks!

1 Like

Aren’t there? It actually sounds like there’s some automation going on.

Agreed. Multiboxing in a non-pvp scenario, provided it’s not being done by bots and is an actual human at the wheel, isn’t really something that bothers me.

I give absolutely zero cruds if someone has an easier time than me, or does something different than me, on hardcore. I’m on my own journey. I wish folks would worry less about what others are doing when it has no impact on them.

2 Likes

OFC it’s an unfair advantage; anyone doing this to level HC chars is a clown.

1 Like

O stop i swear i always run into people like you who do nothing but complain. Multiboxing is fun and I have been doing it for years. I’m not the person you are talking about but just throwing in my 2 cents cause seeing post like this gets old.

8 Likes

Consider the source.
He keeps cranking out nonsense.
People who have actually read the official policy aren’t the ones trying to start something here.
:wink:

9 Likes

If you join another players group you also gain the same advantage.

Matter of fact you gain more of an advantage because it becomes two minds instead of one.

3 Likes

This may be true in retail, however classics gameplay has abilities per click being far mor eimpactful so if you press 1 flash heal on yourself you gain 30 seconds vs a solo player.

For groups it is actually far harder to get groups then just to always log on yourself and always have a healer/extra dps. Self sufficiency is always better then taking a chance of having to go solo.

botting is illegal.

Key mirroring is against the ToS. Report them when you see them. Multiboxing is only allowed if you manually control the accounts. One button, one action. Not one button, one action on each character. That is against the ToS. An example of allowed multiboxing would be having two different accounts meet in a city to trade. Muling, etc.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

This is the same defense P2W supporters use. You support P2W then. If you don’t, explain why. Your own logic excuses it.

The funny is some dual boxers turned to it because of the community.

In the past when on sale I made a new accout with boosty deal at like $40. A month of dual box experiments for basically the same price I pay for jsut cab fair on boys night out (drink responsibly). Not a bad deal all in all.

A month of testing a new class at highest levels…and dual boxed assisted a true leveler this account.

No love for SFK, monastery, others naturally to use a word.
Other options were looked at and executed.

Not even unfair. Gear funneling needs 1 thing to happen. Gear to drop to /roll on. RNG hates me. Its fact, not paranoia.

Several reset runs of dungeons showed that. The blues never dropped to even let me have the boosty pass on roll to funnel the leveling hunter lol.