Multiboxing seems like an unfair advantage

Just met someone today who multiboxes a priest healing bot along with his warrior.

I asked him his set up, and he told me he pays 2 subs and has some hot key software set up for his priest bot that works with the HealBot addon and it will automatically buff/heal/shield his main warrior whenever it goes below a certain health threshold.

I find stuff like this very unfair, and I am wondering how legal or illegal this is to do.

Would it be possible for me to report him or is this not breaking any rules?

11 Likes

There are no rules against this. It’s unfortunate. But does it really affect you?

4 Likes

Yes, he has a significant advantage in almost every way gameplay wise.

4 Likes

Of course he does, but how does that change your game play, and why do you think it invalidates your progress.

7 Likes

Multiboxing is not botting FYI

And warrior / priest as a MB combo has been done for ages. You can alt tab between the two.

I’ve tried multiboxing classic and it’s not easy simply due to the fact of you gotta gather double of everything for quests and sometimes adds will attack one toon compared to another.

Oh I didn’t see this. Anything automatic is a no no but if he is using a macro that he can just alt tab between clients and use you can do that.

6 Likes

I mean all he has to do is open up some bot software, pay an extra 15 bucks and literally never die in any encounter while doing every quest on his own and getting significant advantage in gameplay level wise and QoL wise.

To me that undermines the integrity of Hardcore.

He told me uses AHK or something like that, he doesn’t manually control it.

4 Likes

Ah ok yeah if he is using AHK that’s against the TOS.

Any kind of software like that is a no no.

1 Like

Ok i’ll most likely be reporting him then, I hate it when people have an advantage like this.

4 Likes

If I’m playing SSF most other players have an advantage. It doesn’t invalidate my run in the least.
Live and let live friend.

6 Likes

So you’re okay with botting and gold buying? Got it.

4 Likes

So just some clarification here, alt tabbing? Great. Window mode? Cool.

Any kind of external software? Nooope!

5 Likes

He may not be botting, if he’s following the rules. How do you know he is? Did you see his setup, did he tell you so? If he is, he’ll get caught.
You have a tendency to embellish, I doubt he’d tell you any of this of he’s doing it.

3 Likes

He told me his whole set up because the priest, I whispered and got no response and then the warrior whispered me and told me that it’s just a heal bot and then explained the set up.

So some random player tells you all about a setup that could get him banned… sus

14 Likes

Multiboxing is literally banable.

Just report them.

Yes multiboxing is not allowed in WOW. Hasn’t been allowed for a while.

1 Like

This sounds sus.

—-

Overall, I’d say there’s an advantage to palying two accounts at a time, being able to heal, but it’s also a bit of a hassle alt-tabbing between them.

Key broadcasting software was made against the EULA not too long into the Classic series, I believe.

3 Likes

What’s the difference between multiboxing and grouping with another player? None

2 Likes

The difference is multiboxing is banable.

No one cares how you feel about this.

If you use software to multibox it’s banable.

End of story.

1 Like

Let me rephrase that, what advantage do you get from multiboxing that isn’t obtainable from grouping with another player?

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter. It’s not a debate bro. If you multibox with software you can be reported and you will be banned.

Sorry, not sorry. :person_shrugging:

1 Like