Multiboxing question

We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients.

i don’t understand how you can multibox any other way though, am i supposed to use 5 keyboards and mice at the same time?

Some people do have such setups. Others just alt-tab and use macros, according to some people in my guild that used to play the game that way.

4 Likes

People used to do it via hardware, using multiple computers and a KVM switch.

3 Likes

well they just killed the game for me than, thank for the info i will be submitting tickets to refund ALL my recent transactions and expansion purchases.

2 Likes

Multi-boxing was always an unsupported game play style. Good luck on the refund request, but keep in mind it might be denied depending on how much time has passed. It’ll be interesting to know what Blizzard’s stance on this will be.

4 Likes

i will notify Paypal, and tell them that they suddenly changed the TOS with out notify customers prior to the change. They will side with me since paypal has purchase protections.

You haven’t been denied anything you purchased with them, though. You received your expansions and game time and any other purchases, which is what their purchase protection covers.

They may not be able to intervene simply because you aren’t able to use them all how you had originally intended.

2 Likes

again TOS CHANGED.

1 Like

Nowhere did they publish that key broadcasting software is allowed to be used prior to now, to my knowledge. They updated the TOS to disallow it, and they did notify you prior to the change - that’s what their post was.

That said - just ask them for a refund. They’ve been pretty lenient about refunds lately due just to the expansion delay, and I would think they will be from this as well.

If you chargeback via paypal, in addition to being a misrepresentation of what blizzard has done here, they will lock all of your accounts until you repay the money. You may never want to play again, but if you ever did, you’d be stuck for that amount, vs just getting a refund.

6 Likes

You do know PayPal will investigate. They ALWAYS do when there is a charge back.

Yes, i do i have refunded things though paypal before. as i said TOS CHANGED and they are just issuing actions (warning). Once that comes in should make the process pretty fast just lost a customer since cata.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

You are welcome to look through their article and, without splitting hairs, see if that’s covered. I genuinely don’t think it’s going to go the way you hope it will.

2 Likes

Based on spending the last several hours in GD, odds are good OP would be granted refunds on the Shadowlands prepurchases, at least.

Edit - Character services and game time, though… yeah, probably not going to get a refund on something you’ve already used.

You agreed the EULA is subject to change without warning and that if you are actioned for rule breaking, you are not entitled to a refund.

In this case, they did give a warning though - you were told it is now actionable and that first offense is a warning. You were not surprised with a suspension or ban.

Now, you can certainly attempt to get a refund for SL given it is not out yet. It depends on what aspects you have used and what the current policy is.

Keep in mind, Multiboxing has NEVER been supported by Blizzard and Blizzard has never authorized third party software for use the game. The whole reason they don’t approve third party software is because they don’t control what that softare can do - in this case the software can also be used to bot and automate other aspects of gameplay - something that has always been against the rules.

You are free to look for another means to run your accounts such as a hardware solution.

8 Likes

That’s about on par of people screeching for the gold spent on heirlooms with the change. You agreed to play a game and acknowledge that terms are subject to change. They will not send you a hand printed notice for what is an unsupported style of play. Plenty play without ever even fooled with multiboxing so if you can’t seem to enjoy the game how it is and how it’s meant to be played? That’s on you. Not Blizzard.

3 Likes

again what ever im done arguing, paypal has the disputes and they will notify blizzard of the disputes .

PayPal might just throw the money at you. It will cause your WoW accounts to be perma locked though until you repay it.

Blizzard’s response to an investigation is going to be something like:

• Multiboxing has never been supported [link to many statements/policy]
  • Third party software is not approved [link to EULA]
  • Software that can be used to bot/automate has always been actionable [link to EULA]
  • Botting/automation software is routinely grounds for a ban at Blizzard [link to years of history banning software that does that]
  • The EULA is subject to change without notice and you agreed to it.
  • There is literally a WARNING post saying you will get WARNINGS https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software So, while that is not a change to the EULA, it is a change to how that software is now viewed.
  • You have a means to request a refund from the vendor directly so you were warned about enforcement changes and not denied a refund.

:woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

No, as I stated before multi-boxing has always been unsupported. There is no claim to false advertising either, and name calling isn’t going to change either of those facts.

However, try your ticket first.

3 Likes

Outside of the definition provided in the post, we’re unable to speak to any specific program. If the actions of the program are as described in the post then it is likely that is considered Input Broadcasting Software.

As for refunds, our standard refund policies apply here. So, while I cannot guarantee that every such request will be granted, there is a lot of leeway given for Shadowlands since it has not yet been released.

5 Likes