Multiboxing griefing

as intended?
You mean intended as in the GAME LAUNCHER is literally set up to run EIGHT wow accounts/characters?

absolute nonsense.
I use farm hud…I have ‘advantage’ in farming over those who CHOOSE not to use that addon.
YOU dont get to CHOOSE to walk then demand that WE not drive …sorry.

2 Likes

are you talkng WOW?
If so you are utterly ignorant or lying.
I can run ALLof my accounts thru the launcher itself and WITHOUT a single addon or 3rd party app.
I can also run BOTH retail AND classic at the same time for god sake.

yeah…it WAS …and IS.
How in gods name you overlooked the facts here blows the mind.

uh…I have.
Five accounts running, boom into a dungeon.
lord

2 Likes

How can you say that the game was designed to allow multiboxing when people need all this extra stuff that doesn’t involve the game to do it? At best it’s a grey area.

1 Like

It’s about as “grey” as addons are.

2 Likes

uh…because AGAIN the GAME LAUNCHER is literally set up to run EIGHT accounts?
And it allows multiple launchers to be run? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
‘designed’. You know what that means, I assume.

uh huh…there is a folder in your game directory where you can put these little nifty things called ‘addons’, ya know?
And they do things for you the BASE GAME DOESNT…you know…like showing your DPS or threat or healing…you know…that stuff they DIDNT put into the game :wink:

By your joke NO addon should be allowed regardless of what it does and the game wasnt ‘designed’ to use them when it CLEARLY was LMBO.

Pretty sure blizzards official stance on multiboxing software is that its grey at best. Nothing to do with addons.

sorry…can you show us a link that SAYS as much?
I mean…theres this for our arguments.
https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/38904-multiboxing-rules-and-semantics/

They won’t tell you which addons you should use either.

1 Like

nifty…I like this one better

I use third-party hardware to play WoW all the time. My mouse…my monitor…my computer

There’s no point in arguing this point; it’s been worn to the bone. A single keystroke corresponds to a single keystroke or an in-game macro in one or more clients. There is no automation, no “keycloning”. If your complaint is that they’re playing on more than one computer or client with one input device, well, I’m sorry, but you don’t get to make the rules.
https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/38904-multiboxing-rules-and-semantics/#post329

1 Like

This ones pretty cool too…

We have drawn a line. You’re talking about automated behavior. Multiboxing is not automated. There is no automation. There is no great advantage, there is no illicit behavior, there is no overwhelming benefit, there is no automation .
https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/38904-multiboxing-rules-and-semantics/#post341

I just dislike when all the multiboxers are out in full force herbing and mining everything. They’re like a plague of locust.

Maybe if it wasn’t just all druids, at least spice it up a bit.

I’m more of a fan of the direct blue quote I linked previously. The one I’m referring to:

I’m afraid we cannot comment about any specific software, Svenla, we are simply unable to give you a blanket approval or tell you that you shouldn’t use it. It isn’t our program, we can’t fully know what it does.

Overall, multiboxing software tends simply reproduce your keystroke across multiple World of Warcraft clients. In that case, there generally isn’t anything wrong with it. It isn’t a supported playstyle, but neither is it prohibited.

If the program provides any kind of automation, even if you do not use it, that could cause an issue. If anything I’d recommend talking to the multiboxing community to see what their take on it is.

Sorry I couldn’t provide a clearer answer.

#bankeycloners

For someone claiming to be so experienced in debate you sure do resort to rhetoric for a crutch most of the time. I doubt you could survive if you were forced to debate using dialectic.

This is also a thinly veiled attempt to appeal to your own authority.

You are also clearly a last worder. You think you win so long as you keep vomiting up responses until others tire of you. Here’s a clue - it does not win you anything.

Of course, the reason you “debate” the way you do (by the posting equivalent of banging pots and pans) is because you know it is an unethical practice and you know it is coming to an end.

The multiboxxers have abused it far too much over the last few years to the point where more and more players are tired of it. It will get nerfed, and likely within the next year or two. You’ll get to keep multiboxxing, you’ll just have to do it manually, client by client rather than cheating by using ISBoxer to cheat for you.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m preaching for!

In other games it is.

and yet that doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Well, Im with you on the druid thing. Another reason I decided nothing else but druid.
I use a HM tauren druid for farming ore…and an old school druid for herbs. Very fast.
Give them engineering so they can use all the wormholes. Im everywhere you want to be Hank Hill :laughing:

1 Like

good luck…see ya in another 15 years when its still the same.

1 Like

I don’t understand how it doesn’t break the ToS. I could care less if someone wants to pay for multiple accounts, but using a program that broadcasts every key press to multiple applications of World of Warcraft sounds like using a third party program, which is against ToS.

That’s what I can’t wrap my head around.

1 Like

Bring it. Any time guy. I’ll hop up on the tailgate and crack open a 12 pack right now if youre ready

and here we go LMAO…that didnt last long…gotta break out Johnnys Guild to Logical Fallacies.
That tells me you lost before you started guy :wink:

nothing worth responding to…
nothing worth responding to…

The multiboxxers have abused it far too much over the last few years to the point where more and more players are tired of it.

So you claim…prove it.

It will get nerfed,

uh huh…

You’ll get to keep multiboxxing,

Learn to read…I dont box anymore.

I doubt it.

Heres what WILL happen…you heard it here first.
Boxed farming wont change a bit. Nodes will be modified.
Boxed PvP will be restricted to some extent.

there ya go.
You have my permission to quote me on it.

1 Like

For both of our sakes I hope that doesn’t come true. By then the game population will just be multiboxers and botters.

Maybe that’s the true end game. :thinking:

1 Like