Multiboxing bans just turned into Mass botting

In theory catching botters should be easier now since they can’t use key broadcasting software to mask botting…

But… anyone who thought that multi-boxers were the issue were dead wrong.

Multi-boxers were never the issue

9 Likes

Because I’m that petty. I followed a boxer around for 20 minutes yesterday in bastion to see what and where he was farming. When I saw all his toons start herbing and skinning at the same time, reports started flying. This morning I had ingame mail thanking me from blizzard lol.

That’s not a multi-boxer… it’s a bot. Lol

2 Likes

Do they ever? No they do not.

Do you read that mail or just instant delete it? Because I get a lot from reporting bots and I just delete it now.

Folks that made, or make bot hack programs never needed multiboxing software in the first place. Bot hacks in this game were a thing way before multibox software was a thing. That’s why they are called hacks. Valve Steam tried banning hackers that made all the wall hacks, etc that plagued Counterstrike for years. As soon as one got banned, the hackers just did what they do, and made hack programs to take the place of the ones that got banned. Blizz software is as easy to hack as Microsofts rubbish software is it seems :laughing:

1 Like

I keep it as a trophy!

BAN all the druids u see!!! ALL OF THEM!

I try to be selective and make sure I report the right ones. Do not want to have it come back and bite me in the butt for reporting someone who truly isn’t botting.

2 Likes

Does it make you wonder why they bot?
I would think maybe we need other solutions, Like put more money into the hands of players so they won’t buy gold. Make selling runs for Mythic raids and Dungeons, Torghast, etc. a bannable offense. I know this means some won’t get the achievement etc.

Botting makes raw gold and that gold is sold somewhere down the line so players can pay for gear and other desirable things. Sure there are money sinks but in the end that encourages botting so players can buy gold to buy this stuff.

These thoughts are my opinion and only mine. It seems to me we need to attack the reasons for buying gold and dry up the market for gold sellers.

According to whom?

They do bans in waves. Presumably so the people they are going to ban aren’t tipped off and stop their activity.

multiboxing was the scape goat, bots have being the problem the whole time, but players that multibox paid the price.

9 Likes

Believable, you launch WoW from the software so it can do what it does so I’d imagine the game looks different to Warden if you’re using that software.

According to your own eyes if you just go out to any spot commonly botted.

its clear to me that bots dont need any multiboxing software to work, just see with your own eyes in shadowlands how many of them are running around, but instead of ban them, you ban multiboxers software

3 Likes

The sole purpose of restrictions to multiboxing was to put restrictions on multiboxing. It had no effect on bots, which don’t use keycloning.

2 Likes

I’ve never used botting software so I don’t know its capabilities but multiboxing software could simplify managerial aspects of botting.

Unless you’re saying Blizz is lying there was no action taken to put restrictions on multiboxing it was a consequence of actions against botting.

1 Like

You said in your previous post you report all multiboxers.

2 Likes

Blizzard? Lie? When have they ever lied to us? Like, lots of times?

2 Likes

multiboxers were used as scape goat simple as that!

1 Like

I would prefer that we ban Classic posters from Retail forums. :wink:

5 Likes