Multiboxing bans just turned into Mass botting

multiboxers were used as scape goat simple as that!

1 Like

I would prefer that we ban Classic posters from Retail forums. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m unaware of any lies by Blizzard. What they quite often do is say they are going to do something and then change their mind and say they are going to do something else instead which isn’t lying.
I assume that’s the kind of situation you’re talking about as I’ve seen players recently say Blizz lied about what Torghast was going to be but they didn’t lie, they said one thing at Blizzcon and during alpha/beta they made changes, not keeping up with blue posts doesn’t mean they lied.

Ban everything! Everything I say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Exactly

HEY BLIZ…GIMMIE MY STINKING LOOT-a-RANG BACK AT CATA ENG 40 WHILE YOURE AT IT!

That ought to do it. lol

Oh for the love of Crocodile Jebus. :roll_eyes:

Here. :point_down:

1 Like

Praise be to the green skin!

2 Likes

If players would just play the game legitimately then we wouldn’t have this problem. Bots are the fault of illegitimate players, not Blizzard. Multiboxing is the fault of players, not Blizzard. Just like the ads you keep seeing in LFG for boosts, gold, and loot runs - those wouldn’t be there every waking moment of time if players didn’t fund them.

2 Likes

boxing IS legitimate. Blizzard allows it. No reason not to as long as no one is griefing other players.

2 Likes

Carries (and multiboxing) are legitimate play.

5 Likes

Just like with botting, and RMT this was way too common which is why they started to crack down.

Both should be gone. Like having 2-3 extra accounts are fine if you are a raider needing to parallel farm world content so you can jump to the other characters or you just want to have a dedicated crafter/AH character. But there exists fundamentally no reason to have more than 8 characters (aka the amount allotted to being online at once for a single blizzard account).

Both are plagues.

2 Likes

There exists fundamentally no reason as to why you get to determine how many accounts a player should have

7 Likes

You are so trusting.

Remember when Ion announced that they were working on a “ripcord” they could pull if covenants didn’t work, but they really wanted to try to make them work first? Later he admitted that there never was a ripcord. A lie.

Remember during wod, when devs kept stringing people along by telling them they hadn’t decided whether to implement flight yet? And how it was revealed in an interview on an obscure website on the Friday before a long weekend that they never had any intention of bringing back flight to current content, and they never would again? They had to roll that change back after all the players who had only been hanging on with the hope that flight would come unsubbed.

They don’t often admit that they’re lying. More often what you see is a vaguely worded statement intended to let people think changes they want will be made. But it doesn’t happen because the statement contains no commitment on their part.

The reason we got level scaling was because “for the new players!” Because new players weren’t coming to wow because there wasn’t level scaling. Leveling was too easy, and new players were insisting on longer harder leveling, so leveling got bloated up from 30 hours to 120 hours in Legion. When did that wave of new players hit?

“We understand players are unhappy with [x].” This statement deflects criticism by placing the responsibility on players, not on those who make game changes.
“We will take that into consideration in the future.” No commitment.

They have a long-term plan. We aren’t in on it. They’re going to carry out their plan even though there are changes they know players don’t like, so why would they even discuss this with players?

5 Likes

well, they were pretty clear the crackdown was specifically about the keycloning software…not boxing itself.
But yeah…its not helped slow the bots down from what Ive noticed…or boxing

its a control issue, lol.
Cant stand what others have or do…even though ANY ONE here can box if they choose to.
“I dont so you cant”
Sounds like some politicians, lol

5 Likes

Cool man. Blizz sends auto thank you for reports. Doesn’t mean they got banned.

2 Likes

How many companies do you think tolerate the existence of more than one account per individual?

Blizzard should be no different. You should be happy with your 8 WoW accounts under one blizzard account and not need anymore that. That affords you 400 characters and 4 billion gold (each character having its own guild bank) for your entire account.

More than enough feasibly for any individual to have a lifetime’s worth of play in WoW.

Was running around the North East of Ardenweald yesterday and saw about 20/30 of them all running the same route just spamming moonfire and starfall, and this isn’t the first time I’ve seen it too, reported them all and got mail from blizz so heres to hoping It actually did something

People mentioned this but I never read it so I’d have to see that myself.

No, I remember them explicitly saying they weren’t going to have flight going forward then forum QQ and they added pathfinder

I always guessed they added scaling because people (myself included) complained about mobs being blown up in a hit and players not being able to tag a mob for quest credit. Though if I had known scaling would be the answer I’d have kept my mouth shut lol

A lot? Here is the ISBoxer supported games list, it tells you all the “It’s cool” “it’s not cool” for each company https://isboxer.com/wiki/Supported_Games

They aren’t, see list above.

I don’t, well…not at the moment, Blizz keeps adding stuff that makes me need more accounts lol. 5 is good for me for now.

2 Likes