Multi-boxing is Botting, Change My Mind

Multiboxing: Turning 1 keypress into 10 key presses
Botting: Turning 1 keypress into 1000 key presses

Of course they both fall under automation. Blizzard allows multiboxers to break their TOS because 1) it earns them money, 2) there is a human at the keyboard [despite that human using automation software], 3) multiboxers create interesting/unusual scenarios [and videos of those scenarios] that create organic marketing for the game

5 Likes

Blaming and punishing a player just because they’re on the same battle.net acount logged on multiple accounts is in fact extreme.

I’m saying he did it on one, and a program did it on the others.

The process is aided by via a program, by definition, it is automated.

2 Likes

but that program only did it because a person pressed the key. not a bot.

how is it automation? its not moving the character for you…your pressing 1 and the game reads your pressing 1. Its duplicating the command as I stated LOL. automation is something that is doing the key presses for you and having commands run without your input. This would be the same as saying having and driver software isnt allowed since its essentially translating what your keyboard input is to what the game understands lol. your issue is that the game instance isnt selected or the main thing. That is fine and you can make that argument which i doubt will go far since your allowed to tab out while playing to do something else. But saying a 1 to 1 key response is automation then your asking for most drivers and software for keyboards, mice, headsets to be bannable lol.

This isn’t true. Your input is only determining what one character does. The automated software is what then sends that input to the 1,2,3, 4 other characters. It automates the process. It’s the same thing as you clicking go on a bot program and going to bed for the night, just more frequently.

For someone’s input to directly determine what characters do, someone would have to alt tab to each screen and directly input it. Or use 5 monitors, 5 computers, 5 keyboards, whatever. If they aren’t doing that, something is automating the process to the other characters.

However, it earns Blizzard $15-60 more monthly per person who bots, so it’s not in their interests to regulate it, so they differentiate it and act like it’s not botting.

2 Likes

Hello?

Also, in many cases, it does move the character for you.

But at a fundamental level, the program is controlling the other characters by copying you, the player isn’t controlling those characters.

1 Like

if a person is controlling the software’s every input, how is it a bot?

if the software ran on its own without a person’s input–then thats a bot!!

3 Likes

I didn’t say it was a bot, I said the process was automated.

Pay attention, kiddo.

1 Like

lmao try harder

It’s obviously cheating, but I wouldn’t call it botting.

3 Likes

Here is my situation am I botting or am I multi-boxing?

I have two accounts
I use two computers

When I play the game this is my setup
I use my mouse to control one character
I use my keyboard to control the other
I use a single macro that ONLY makes one character follow and ready to help the other.

The assistant toon only does stuff with key presses

Blizzard allows multiboxing.

I myself used to be confused about what multiboxing was. For the first time last month, I tried and had to learn what It is and just how much work it takes to do.

For those saying it requires another program. Actually it doesn’t. You can do it with macros and a razer keyboard. I steer with my mouse and I press 1-5 on keyboard. I had to set up macros on each account, one of which is a follow for movement. It is my keyboard they makes the action. I press 1 on keyboard and all characters press 1 at the same time.

any legal multiboxing tool doesnt use any automation. If one has software that takes control and moves using scripts or any automation in actions that is not allowed. Most tools allows you to select portions on a screen and allow you to multiply “X” button across those zones.

From the Lidc website -
" Lidc places itself between the game and the operating system and uses the functionality provided by the operating system, in order to provide you with the tools you need to duplicate your input across multiple clients. "

It is not controlling anything it is merely allowing you to press a botton or move a mouse and it mirrors that action on another portion of your screen. Then the users basically writes alot of macros in game to have characters follow their main one and use only macros. hence why if you cc them out of the group they can mess up or the character will no longer be controlled.

I’m not concerned about the legal ones, nor do I care about multi-boxers that don’t use programs at all.

I do think it should be limited, but that’s just a personal opinion.

Is Multiboxing Okay?

Updated: 2 days ago

Article ID: 11704

Relevant Products:

Common Problems

I’m worried my account will be actioned for multiboxing

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. We do not support multiboxing tools.

3 Likes

This is the key part I’m talking about.

Then your talking about bots and hacks. OP posted about

This infers all multiboxing tools which is untrue. It all depends on definition. Most tools and mutiboxers use legit tools that has no automation and it is merely some weird windows duplicating key strokes.

Multiboxing accounts are not bots since they are not being controlled by software they are essentially on follow and using macros to cast spells which anyone can do since they are controlling the game client the same way we do. with a keyboard and mouse.

Blizzard doesn’t agree with you.

1 Like

A lot of them do, and plenty of people who multi-box use these tools and get away with it. I disagree with him calling them ‘bots’, though.

This is important, I think the keystroke duplication is a bit too far, Blizzard might not, who knows? It’s hard to tell since they’ve been very lax on cheaters for awhile, now.

1 Like