Multi boxers create a negative rmt feedback loop

I’d like to see your evidence that most or all of the bots that were banned in the latest ban wave were stolen or hacked accounts. Then I’d like to see where on the spreadsheet that has any bearing on how much cash blizzard made.

Software they’ve explicitly declined to comment on or support and I can look it up for you if you like.

Well, I assume if all of us ‘pro-boxers’ are all alts of one person, then the same must be true of you anti-boxer.

15 years of hanging out in the CS forum helping players and talking with the blues.

You can’t possibly be this dense IRL. If you steal an account, by definition you aren’t paying for it. If you aren’t paying for a thing, the seller doesn’t make any money. So logically (not your strong suit, I know), Blizzard doesn’t make any money when the bot farm steals a bunch of accounts.

2 Likes

I never said that.

I don’t believe you.

The accounts were active and the money was spent. This is assuming that 100% of the accounts were stolen, and when you’re rolling in as much gold as the bots do I highly doubt it.

Please do. I’m sure you’ll see the phrase ‘permitted but unsupported’. Guess what that means.

2 Likes

Are they botting? No?

Can you do the same thing? Yes?

Do I care? No

1 Like

Here you go. Merry Christmas.

1 Like

Pop on over and ask them yourself, then.

They aren’t farming gold to buy more accounts. They steal the accounts from dumb players that buy their services. be it gold-selling, power-leveling, whatever.

They farm gold to sell to those same dumb players.

Like I said…

Note the second paragraph:

Overall, multiboxing software tends simply reproduce your keystroke across multiple World of Warcraft clients. In that case, there generally isn’t anything wrong with it. It isn’t a supported playstyle, but neither is it prohibited.

2 Likes

Yeha I can read. It says multiboxing is neither supported nor prohibited. The playstyle. Not the software. They didn’t comment on the software.

This neither here nor there anyway. I want them to change their stance on the software.

And the use the gold same as multiboxers, to purchase extra bot accounts.

1 Like

Don’t you think if the software was verboten, they’d say so?

I’m beginning to think I may have been mistaken a moment ago. You just might actually be this dense IRL.

3 Likes

Seems that poster does a LOT of this…

Sealioning
A subtle form of trolling involving “bad-faith” questions. You disingenuously frame your conversation as a sincere request to be enlightened, placing the burden of educating you entirely on the other party. If your bait is successful, the other party may engage, painstakingly laying out their logic and evidence in the false hope of helping someone learn. In fact you are attempting to harass or waste the time of the other party, and have no intention of truly entertaining their point of view. Instead, you react to each piece of information by misinterpreting it or requesting further clarification, ad nauseum.

2 Likes

Well, now that you mention it, that does seem to happen an awful lot in these threads.

1 Like

Actually blizz has a habit of not commenting on other software. Doing so they say gives out more info on their ban triggers then they want. I think that’s how that LTT guy got falsely banned and then unbanned since he had a large social media platform to complain on.

Sealioning is the root of all evil …like money use to be :laughing:

and man…‘what if’…blizzard did give a big thumbs up to some 3rd party sofware…and somehow that software was able to be used to hack someones personal data?
No way Id want my name attached to something I didnt personally create when the class action suit is filed

That’s part of it. The big reason, as explained to me by the Blues in CSF, is the potential that they give tacit approval to a bit of third party software, then the developer alters it in a shady manner. Next thing, people are getting pinched for using it, and crying about how Blizzard said it was okay to use.

1 Like

Another mboxer thread. Seriously, is there nothing more important you want to talk about than something that has so much grey in its beard, it looks like the Santa Claus of topics.

There is no difference between a 5-person mboxer farming leather and a 5 person group farming leather. It all adds up to the same thing. If an item is valuable to someone, someone else will farm it. And ultimately people who need that material or item will buy it to use or wear or whatever, so that they can go out and play those aspects of the game they enjoy without having to farm that thing. There is nothing to stop an individual from farming it and on a really busy, well-populated server prices are always going to fluctuate, especially for things people really want. I see groups forming all the time in premade to do exactly that sort of thing.

If you participate, or offer the opportunity to others to participate, it will happen. And you don’t need five or ten accounts to do that.

2 Likes

It would be a very poor quality experiment.

1 Like

Exactly! Seems folks don’t remember guilds would form basically raid groups back in the day, and go to places like Burning Steppes to farm dragonkin scales for their crafters to make fire resist gear for the guild for MC. The people that keep spamming this topic must have very boring mundane lives to constantly whine, and complain about something that very few people do.

You would actually have to supply some valid reasons for this.