MTG Commander circles

Is there a difference in power levels between MTG groups when it comes to Commander?

I strictly play out of a small rural environment and most everyone else are running infinite combos to combat an uncontrollable power creep that’s seemingly gone off the handle.

Is this just the norm when it comes to Commander or are there more casual groups out there?

That’s the norm. Put together great decks and just play more games. I see where you’re coming from and that’s something you should discuss prior and see what they come up with.

Bah.

I’ll just scale back the nights I go play then.

I know people can set their own expectations when walking into a game of commander but you gata draw the line somewhere, especially when you haven’t won a game for consecutively over a months time.

Also cost wise I just get more out of collecting Warhammer models.

I’ve played Magic since Time Spiral, I tried edh exactly twice, both times I got called a sweaty tryhard for attacking someone without letting them play politics. Commander is a cancerous stain on MtG that targets the same kind of people who like Battle Royales because they can passive aggressively coast through the game without having to do anything. It’s pvp for people who are too sissy to interact with other players but still want to pvp.

If I seem upset, it’s because I am, because WotC has made it very clear they want to phase out every other format and make Commander their only focus. Every single new set, whether it’s meant for standard or it’s something for modern, at least a third of the cards are meant for commander and there has to be a minimum of a dozen new three color commanders. At least 30-40% of each new set is unplayable in the format it’s released for because of this. As if this wasn’t enough, about 3 out of every 4 or 5 new sets are just straight up only legal in commander. It’s frankly quite disgusting to see and make me feel physically ill.