MSI GeForce RTX 3080 - Low FPS?

You can have the best GPU in the world and still not get crazy frames per second in WoW. The reason for this is that wow is a CPU based game. Your GPU is not the bottleneck it’s your CPU.

For example I am on an RTX 2080 and get much higher FPS than you. 150fps at 1440p. 135+ FPS in org. Wow is one of the few games were upgrading your CPU will have a much bigger impact than upgrading your GPU.

I can guarantee you your CPU is the issue. Unfortunately you have to do a lot of manual Ram timings on Pre 5000 series. AMDs. Oddly enough the 5000 series work more like Intel and don’t need a lot of manual timings. I’m on the 5800x. I did Manual Ram timings and got a 1.9% boost in wow. It was barely noticeable. Yet when I did Manual Ram timings on a customer’s build that had the 3900x he got a 20%+ boost in wow and it was very noticeable. This is just a testament to how far AMD has come with IPC improvements.

Your CPU is pretty much at the bottom of the chart dude and that’s at 1080p let alone 1440p
https://i.imgur.com/iMrmtOM.jpg