Mr Slithers pet name - "Mature language?"

Titles arent allowed.

2 Likes

Tbh… I like Proctor Slithers better lol

But yeah as the others have said already and all that for the reason you can’t use mr in the name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah. I’m definitely keeping that :joy:

2 Likes

Why aren’t they allowed?

Blizzard does not allow titles as part of player names.

The “why” doesn’t really matter, as it’s their game but you could submit an ingame suggestion to see it changed.

4 Likes

It most certainly does, I pay for this game. I demand an explanation for this policy, or at a minimum, documentation that titles are indeed prohibited.

Here’s a Blizzard post but it’s not going to be more informative:

10 Likes
11 Likes

You pay for access to the servers, nothing else. You’re more than welcome to ask about why a policy exists, but you’d be doing so with the knowledge you may never get a satisfactory answer or reasoning.

As was stated already, if it’s something you’d like to see changed you can submit an in-game suggestion or post over in the General forums.

Though I do like Protector Slithers better as well!

7 Likes

Take note that acceptable names are determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision,

This is a limited explanation, but essentiaaly fits the spirit of your request. As to the full extent on what is allowed that is not public knowledge, and can be changed or added to as needed.

6 Likes

Considering there was a pet added in Dragonflight named Mister Toots, I am curious why this policy still exists. Doesn’t bother me either way, just seems arbitrary at this point.

What Bliz does is worked into whatever world they want to create. What others do with those titles, they don’t control. So it’s part of the naming policy that they are disallowed.

6 Likes

Most titles and honorifics are on the exclusion list.

9 Likes

Your demand for an explantion is, well, nothing Blizzard needs to provide. You pay for this game… so what? They offer a product, you’re welcome to pay for it or not at your choice. That doesn’t give you the right to demand anything. That’s like saying “I pay for Ford Explorer, I demand an explanation on why it is not offered in ”.

2 Likes

I disagree. Customers can “demand” whatever they want. That of course doesn’t mean the company is obligated to respond. Both sides can make their own choice in that process.

In the case of WoW, General Discussion is the generally the appropriate place to make “demands” or requests.

I think this response answers the OP’s question as to why the words are excluded. Thanks for the info Orlyia!

There are at least five pets named Mr. Something. And I’m pretty sure I’ve had Mr. Wiggles since Vanilla, or at least BC. You also can’t name a guild bank tab anything with the word “cooking” in it. Back in Vanilla I tamed a white cat in Winterspring and wanted to name it Snowball because I’m a big Simpsons fan. I couldn’t, even though there is an item called Snowball. Clearly, the system is full of arbitrariness.

I agree with you that some of the restrictions feel a little too restrictive. However, I encourage you to post a thread requesting a change of this on General Discussion, which is where feedback such as this is gathered. This forum isn’t the right place for it.

1 Like

It comes down its blizzards sandbox we just play i it there house their rules do we have to like not always but we have to play by there rules.

This is true, and in the cases where someone disagrees with how things are currently and would like to see a change, I encourage them to post their feedback and suggestions in General Discussion.

1 Like

This is a sufficient explanation – thank you for providing documentation on the matter.