Moving with Shifting Power

This needs to be changed with the amount of movement required in fights.

3 Likes

macro it with icy flows
/cast shifting power
/cast icy flows

4 Likes

I don’t know why they didn’t give us the legendary version of shifting power. I mean, they already nerfed the CDR portion of it from Shadowlands. Someone on the Dev team hates our class.

1 Like

icy flows, ew. I’d prefer having two blinks. Even with longer cd

1 Like

Personnaly i think shifting power is just all around bad for the class. Its very useful, but the problem is that now its mandatory and blizzard has to now work around the talent to make any class changes or tuning.

1 Like

yeah, unfortunately mages are unplayable without it, not being able to move with shifting power is a huge nerf as every spec requires the cd reduction of shifting power to even function

That’s the other thing. Why the hell do we have to give up the cc break aspect of Blink as well as get stuck with a longer cooldown just to get two charges? I can’t think of any other class that has to make the same sacrifice for their movement abilities.

The fact that Shimmer is off the GCD and you can cast it while casting another spell is inconsequential because you almost always end up breaking your cast either because Shimmer is just as poorly coded as Blink and doesn’t always take or otherwise just because you have to move as often times Shimmer just doesn’t take you far enough to avoid whatever mechanic you were trying to get away from.

2 Likes

That macro will use up 2 charges of Ice Floes if you press it multiple times. Use this instead:

#showtooltip Shifting Power
/castsequence [known:Ice Floes]reset=10 Ice Floes, Shifting Power, Shifting Power;reset=10 Shifting Power

Both require you to hit the macro at least twice but the 2nd macro will only use 1 Ice Floes charge and you can spam it. Not sure if there is a macro that requires only 1 press instead of 2.

2 Likes

[Shifting Power] should be 15s cdr and casted while moving by default.

It is. I can’t think of any mages that said this was a good addition to the class. For some reason, Blizzard took it upon themselves to decide what we like and dislike.

This is a good suggestion but this macro wont work… it just repeatedly applies Icy floes if you are moving already when you use it.

This is what I use… hti the button twice and you never have to stop moving

/castsequence reset=3 Ice Floes, Shifting Power

Man its almost like there is an entire mage talent dedicated to letting this happen…