Moving the Chat Window

I find it hard to believe a game this popular has no way to change the interface for more comfortable gameplay. I’m happy with everything on my screen except the chat window which sticks out almost into the middle of the screen on the left-hand side. When I tried to look up how to move it (I just want to lower it) I’m finding you have to install an addon to move it. Well, the only addon I can find is “Move Everything” which takes at least a Bachelor’s in computer technology to figure out how to use it. Does anyone know of a simple addon to just click and drag the window to a new area?

1 Like

You can change it without addons. Right click the tab in the top left and hit “Unlock window” then you can drag it wherever you want and re-lock it after. It also creates a small arrow in the bottom right corner that lets you resize it.

10 Likes

Oh thank you so much! Your a life saver.

Without being online to verify

/move
start typing “chat” no quotes and it should show you elements with chat in their name that you can move.

Always glad to help! :slight_smile:

move anything is point and click. it takes zero abilities in engineering to use it. however right now it seems to be very broken due to blizzard screwing around with the ui.

that is no longer available in the dragonflight pre patch. the unlock option is only available in secondary chat windows that you make yourself.

You’re responding to a post that’s over two years old …

2 Likes

Injustice, the master Paladin who revives even two year old corpses to say his piece to them.

well-done sir.

3 Likes

Hit “Escape” >> “EDIT MODE” and you can move things. You can’t really scale individual things, tho, which is the main problem I’m having.

well. history repeats itself with the current patch.

Dude, you’re a LF Paladin, you’re not supposed to be into Necromancy.

-punts the post back into the grave it was pulled out from-

1 Like