Moving buffs on default UI

Is there a way to move your character buffs to your portrait (with the default UI)?

I am pretty happy with my default UI setup when I don’t have addons installed with the exception of the buffs being too far away from my portrait, which I have moved closer to my actionbar.

Thanks!

1 Like

Not as far as I know. IIRC, the only UI features you can really move are the unit frames and chat frames.

1 Like

Understand, please, that moving things “within the default UI” means altering the default UI.

Whether that’s done with a macro running a script or with an add-on is relatively irrelevant.

The macro UI is part of the default UI, so at one level, anything you do there is a part of the “default UI” as well.

Given that the default UI is made up of a collection of just over 80 add-ons (written by Blizzard, but still functioning exactly the same way user-written add-ons function with the exceptions of a) loading first and b) having access to secure code in some instances), I’m not certain what the objection is to having an add-on that handles this for you is.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the help

In my UI I move the buffs towards the bottom of the screen where I have moved most of my UI elements. I also resize them. This is the code I use for that.

--	Move the buffs somewhere convenient
  f=BuffFrame
  f:SetMovable(1)
  f:SetUserPlaced(true)
  f:SetScale(.8)
  f:ClearAllPoints()
  f:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT",WorldFrame,"BOTTOMRIGHT",-290,-4)

Then I need to make sure (1) they stay there, and (2) the debuffs also get placed where I want. So this code is also used:

hooksecurefunc(“AuraButton_Update”, function(buttonName, index, filter)
local buffName = buttonName … index
if “DebuffButton1” == buffName then
local buff = _G[buffName]
if nil ~= buff and not buff.moved then
hooksecurefunc(buff, “SetPoint”, function(self, point, relativeFrame, relativePoint, offsetX, offsetY)
if relativeFrame ~= BuffFrame or relativePoint ~= “TOP” or offsetX ~= 10 then
self:ClearAllPoints()
self:SetPoint(“BOTTOM”, BuffFrame, “TOP”, 10, 24)
end
end)
buff.moved = true
end
end
if “BuffButton1” == buffName then
local buff = _G[buffName]
if nil ~= buff and not buff.moved then
hooksecurefunc(buff, “SetPoint”, function(self, point, relativeFrame, relativePoint, offsetX, offsetY)
if relativeFrame ~= WorldFrame or relativePoint ~= “BOTTOMRIGHT” or offsetX ~= -290 then
self:ClearAllPoints()
self:SetPoint(“TOPRIGHT”, WorldFrame, “BOTTOMRIGHT”, -290, -4)
end
end)
buff.moved = true
end
end
end)

I am sure you could modify the code to move the buffs and debuffs to another location, or anchor them on your PlayerFrame.

1 Like

I just used this

f=BuffFrame
f:SetMovable(1)
f:SetUserPlaced(true)

hooksecurefunc("BuffFrame_UpdateAllBuffAnchors", function()
  BuffButton1:ClearAllPoints()
  BuffButton1:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", WorldFrame, "TOPRIGHT", -1200, -200)
  DebuffButton1:ClearAllPoints()
  DebuffButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOM", BuffFrame, "TOPRIGHT", 10, 24)
end)
2 Likes