Movies you like but everyone hates

I love the live action Mario movie. I will gladly defend that weird fun movie.

1 Like

OMG, thereā€™s two of us in this world! Itā€™s a guilty pleasure

1 Like

My fav joke from the movie
ā€œWas she corpulent? Very corpulent?ā€
ā€œNah sheā€™s like really roundā€

Also cmon Yoshi looked freaking adorable in that movie.

Mystery Men

1 Like

I liked the silent hill movie (Though i would have preferred Sean Bean as the protag). Sequel was kind of a mess.

Most recent: Godzilla King of the Monsters. I donā€™t care what critics think, I had a blast watching, and so did everyone else in the theater.

1 Like

For me, its a 2009 film by Jared Hess (who did Napoleon Dynamite) called Gentlemen Broncos about a young, aspiring sci-fi writer who has his work stolen by the author he idolizes. It never got a wide release and was panned by critics and viewers alike, but I thought it was unique and hilarious.

Green Lantern
The Incredible Hulk
Terminator: Genisys
Alien: Resurrection
Alien vs Predator
SWE1: The Phantom Menace

Thereā€™s probably a bunch more, but thatā€™s all I can think of right now.

1 Like

Godzilla: King of the Monsters. Critics hated that movie but fan and myself love it. It was best Daikaiju ever. Sadly I wish Box office was better for that movie.

Freddy got fingered

Itā€™s actually one of my favourites, but itā€™s also been voted the worst movie of all time on multiple sites.

Loads of paranormal horror movies. Theyā€™re my jam, and aside from the occasional truly awful ones, I find most of them enjoyable enough. Annabelle, the Nun, all the Paranormal Activity movies aside from Ghost Dimension, Unfriended, etc.

This question intrigued me so Iā€™ve been perusing lists of ā€œthe worst movies of the 90sā€ / ā€œ2000sā€.

Turns out I seem to be in agreement with most people. I canā€™t find any movies that I really liked that are largely maligned. My favorite movies are all very popular (Dances With Wolves, Aliens, Terminator 2, Platoon), or very solid cult classics (Army of Darkness).

Power Rangers 2017

I religiously watched the otiginal show as a kid and had all the toys.

The movie in 2017 just made me happy (when they played the original theme as the zords were running I had the biggest dumbest grin on my face).

I love that movie. I still quote it

First movie was AMAZING. 2nd one? not so much. Altho it was neat to feel like ash was falling all around you in the 3d. And the mannequin monster was a pretty rad idea.

Thatā€™s another movie I love. I still feel sad for the Alien baby at the end of the film.

Seeing as I just finished watching it for the first time:

The 2017 Ghost in the Shell. I cant believe I hadnt watched it before because I absolutely loved it.

A Christmas Story.

Watch it alone a few times every Christmas Eve (24 hours of a Christmas Story)
I say alone, because no one else in my family likes it.

1 Like