Movies you like but everyone hates

I made an earlier post on which movies do you guys hate but everyone else likes and now for the flipside!

Here we will talk about movies that you loved but are disliked by a wide number of people or have a very vocal amount of haters.

I have an example: I like the movie Sing (2016), the movie with talking animals going in a singing contest and discovering their talent while overcoming their internal struggles. Yeah it may sound cliche but in the same time I really liked it because it really did a good job on fleshing out the characters and showing their personal lives and their struggles and that pretty much every character is likable (except for mike the white rat).
I also like the music and songs they’ve used that many are what I have never heard of before (like Still standing by Elton John or Ben by Mike Jackson). It really should deserve a better reception and I can tell it was made with a lot of heart and soul in it.

What are your own examples and also elaborate on why you like it and why it should get a better reception?

It seems like Captain Marvel these days for no apparent reason. :man_shrugging:

I loved the movie, watched 4 times on IMAX and once on 4k QLED Cinema that I have near me! And each screening was better than the last for me!

3 Likes

Ultraviolet. I get that it has some problems but I like it anyways. I’m a fan of Milla.

After Earth. I didn’t think it was as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Waterworld. Same reason as After Earth.

1 Like

Mystery Men and Death to Smoochy

1 Like

Oh there’s a “reason”, said “reason” is just incredibly stupid

2 Likes

Let me guess, it is something PC/SJW related?

Brie Larson noticed that at the majority of her press junkets the journalists in attendance were predominantly white and male.

She reached put to people who could study this and see if it was an actual thing or coincidence. When they corroborated she has made and effort to try and make sure her press junkets are more inclusive.

Thats the spark notes version.

This somehow morphed into “Brie Larson hates White Men” because of course it did and people are idiots.

2 Likes

I knew it!

This isnt to say there arent people who legitimately don’t like the movie or that people arent allowed to dislike the movie.

Just that invariably on every single article or public social media post about Captain Marvel there were a bunch of dumb little manlets yelling “Brie Larson doesnt want me to see this movie”.

As for the point of this thread?

I unabashedly love every single Resident Evil movie.

1 Like

You are not alone!

LOL

The way I like to explain movies, or really media entertainment in general for me is that my bar to clear for me to enjoy something like a movie is so low it may as well be buried and I would have it no other way. It means im never disappointed.

Tangentially one of my absolute favorite YouTube channels is CinemaWins (everything great with instead of everything wrong with). I highly recommend checking it out for anyone who likes some pure happy positivity once in a while.

I simply dont really see the point in wasting energy hating entertainment.

1 Like

Got another one.

The Last Jedi was amazing and no one will be able to convince me otherwise.

2 Likes

Hmm, lemme think…

Ugh. Don’t crucify me. LOL. Showgirls.

Look, I know, I know, it’s overly graphic just for the sake of being overly graphic. But, this is Paul Verhoeven’s style, in spades. Robocop was violent for violence’s sake, as was Total Recall and Starship Troopers. The 4th Man (Dutch Release), Basic Instinct and Showgirls were sexual for sexuality’s sake. Same difference.

So, I guess I love it more for it being a prime example of Verhoeven’s style, even if it is at times disgusting and contains some questionable acting. Then again, was Michael Ironside any better in Total Recall? He certainly ain’t no Kurtwood Smith.

“Well give the man a hand!”

I love that dude. LOL.

From the recent ones I think Solo was a good Star Wars movie. It wasn’t anything special, just a heist movie with some adventures and it was fun, just like the old trilogy. The score was amazing, John Powell should take over the universe after John Williams. Ron Howard is good director.

Disney should have released it way later near the next christmas instead of few months after the last jedi.

1 Like

The Bayformer movies. Say what you want about em, they are amazing popcorn guilty pleasures.

1 Like

What Dreams May Come

The Man who knew too little.
i watch it trying to imagine it is really happening. its hilarious

Eh, I think she was done pretty terribly tbh. Like her introduction to the MCU was downright horrible. The entire premise is that this hero we never really heard much about (foreshadowing people’s? Why wasn’t her standalone released like waaaaay earlier instead of right before she was supposed to be the hero of Endgame?) was sent away with a pager left behind “should the world need her”. But all of the other imminent threats to the world weren’t bad enough to warrant her attention?

Then when confronted about this her response is “there’s problems everywhere”. Well yes there are honey, but only one place is your “home” which you promised to come back and protect if needed so you choosing not to because “they’ll be fine, need to save rando alien #3,567,920” is preeeetty poor form girl

So yah, don’t particularly like the character or how she was introduced to the MCU (reeks of a last-minute rush decision), thus don’t like the movie about her :woman_shrugging:

@OP I actually enjoyed the DOOM movie, which most people seem to dislike

And I mean, I get it. It strays wildly from the source material and is essentially just a stereotypical shooter loosely set in the Doom universe but I loved every minute of it :blush:

3 Likes

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I really don’t understand all the hate. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and found it to have a similar tone as the others. It just makes no sense to me that someone could love the others and hate this one.

1 Like

Since you asked…

This review sums up my feelings of it perfectly.
http://redlettermedia.com/mr-plinetts-indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-review/