Movie stars that made your life better

Chris Farley

1 Like

Via movies: Ray Liotta. Julianne Moore. Philip Seymour Hoffman.

IRL: Phil LaMarr. Maybe not a “movie star,” though he was in Pulp Fiction and dozens of other productions. You might know him as the voice of Samurai Jack. Cool dude to talk to, warm and friendly, one of the funniest people I’ve met in my life. Invited the entire staff of the video game store I worked at to tapings of Mad TV (“Hi, I’m a guest of Phil Lamarr…” was excellent), and generally made me and my wife and my friends feel like really cool people. Top dude for sure.

1 Like

Just going by this… Carrie Fisher and Sigourney Weaver. These two women had such a huge impact on my life. They were a different kind of woman on the screen. Strong, independent, intelligent and they didn’t rest on their looks.

However, I don’t now much about them outside of my TV so I don’t know if they are/were good people. I know Carrie Fisher did a lot of drugs and it killed her. That kind of behavior should never be overlooked. As for Signourney Weaver, I question her support of Roman Polanski but applaud her work for the environment.

5 Likes

Burt Reynolds: Helped turn me onto cars. I loved Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run growing up and still do to this day. I can quote numerous lines from them. He had a tremendous amount of charisma and a great sense of humor.

John Candy: Such a funny and nice guy. Uncle Buck really cemented him in my heart.

4 Likes

Arnold Schwarzenegger in his terminator movies motivated me to join the gym as a kid.

Kevin o Leary: while technically not a movie star, I really love how honest he is about his love for money.

Keanu reeves: because the guy seems like one of the few Hollywood actors who is down to earth, and actually puts his money where his mouth is.

2 Likes