Mover vs No Mover from a new DH

I think no mover build is probably a lot closer than you all act as if it is. I recently geared a dh and just opted for no mover because it seems like the better choice, its not just about damage but what it bring and does to your group.

Most of you are not going to be playing inertia/momentum perfectly and just end up nerfing your damage and greifing your team by being completely unpredictable and messing up mechanics, doing lower damage, face pulling, being out of position etc etc etc. Most DH I see in raid even in mythic are dead most pulls, or because of the increase of mechanics, just really behind in dps because inertia/momentum build is not easy.

I just think that besides maybe the few select 100 top DH, inertia/momentum build is just a nerf for the common player base. I see a bunch of posts in here about how you HAVE to play inertia/momentum and you really do not. No mover is still competitive and for most of you will be a damage increase I would bet.

Aside from playing dh, playing with dh can be absolutely miserable when they are just all over the place. Do you and your groups a favor and just try it out.

2 Likes

There is an art to movement with DH. It takes some trial and error for sure to master when to move and when not to move. It doesn’t always line up perfectly with cooldowns and with the recommended rotation by Heliki. I do outstanding damage in any group. If you want to stand still and smash buttons then roll enhance, frost DK or fury warrior. The complexity added by movement is the fun part of this spec.

2 Likes

that basically sums it all up

1 Like

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar
The role and identity of the class, besides hunter of demons, is blinding (get it?) SPEED. Easy to pick up, hard to master. Rewards timing and excellence.
No movement is totally viable, but should never be as strong as the more skill based build that better aligns with the spec’s theme

1 Like

I was staunch “no mover” with Momentum, but Inertia has won me over a bit tbh.

You really shouldn’t lie.

1 Like

ya if his alt is biggzen hes part of the target audience of the post, youngillidan would also be the target audience of the post

Yes, my alt is Biggzen. No, I am not the target audience. I think your target is someone who doesn’t do their homework about the gameplay of the spec. I am no expert with Havok but I enjoy the moving aspects of the spec. It has taken some trial and error to master. Moving makes Havok more dynamic and that is fun for me. I do not enjoy mundane tank and spank specs.

I didn’t lie about the damage. I regularly out dps most if not all others in my groups. I use the addon Heliki as a reference only. It has its limitations. I may not produce an absolute perfect parse, and I do not feel that I am a liability to my groups.

Again, I’m not the target audience. I do my homework. I’m the player that loves the more detail oriented and complex parts of the game.

If you don’t like moving then don’t use that part of the spec. Venting about watching others not perform well doesn’t mandate my less experienced alt as an ideal target of your post.

1 Like

Look, if you like the mover build and want to advocate for it, fine. Neither me nor anyone else (besides maybe people you’re grouped with) cares. However, please don’t come on here and lie about how much better you perform after learning it. You literally parse green and grey.

[Biggzen - Proudmoore - Warcraft Logs](https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/proudmoore/biggzen)

2 Likes

Yeah that was a fun 2 hours one night. I play M+ on my DH. I main healer in raids. Nice main at 432 ilvl.

I play mainly on EU, but nice try buckaroo. Fun fact, whether you mainly raid or mythic + on your havoc, it’s clear that you don’t know how to play it based on those parses.

We don’t know your GF; she goes to a different school

Care to try again in English?

“GF” probably looks foreign to your eyes. It’s an abbreviation of “girlfriend”

I’ll try to dumb it down even further in the hopes you can understand…

Your reference to my “girlfriend” makes no sense given the context of this entire thread. As such, my post is in hopes of you actually putting a coherent thought together. Seems like I overestimated your ability.

“I play mainly on EU, but nice try buckaroo.”

Made perfect sense. I hope it makes sense for you too now. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a clear difference between great, average, and bad DHs. Mover will always be best when executed well. I enjoy it.

2 Likes

Just keep playing inertia build and get better. If you want to stay average and not push yourself on the class then why play it.

The Mover vs No Mover differences are more noticeable in environments in which burst damage is way more impactful, aka M+.

In bosses in general, specifically in the raid, you won’t notice as much of a difference, unless those bosses have specific windows of damage that make burst damage more important than it already is.

Having said, you should still aim to master the Inertia gameplay. It’s honestly not hard to do so and it’s not as hard as people make it out to be. It’s annoying, for sure, and movement as gameplay is not for everyone (it’s not for me and I’ve been playing Havoc since Legion, I just deal with it).

1 Like