Mouseover Target Marking?

I was hoping someone much better with macros than I am could help. I want to make some mouseover macros for target marking if possible. Goal is to do the following:

mark the target if i am on it as a mouseover. If no mouseover exists it will mark my current target.

Was hoping to do it for skull, X, Diamond, and Triangle if possible.

Thanks!

There’s Opie as a potential or you could just bind the target marking keys in the default keybinds.

There was an addon called MagicMarker back in the day but I don’t not that it’s been updated since like BC.

/tm [@mouseover][]8

works to mark a unit using mouseover but not the target for some reason

/tm [@mouseover]8
/tm 8

Does work. You’ll find that placing the same mark on a target twice actually makes the mark disappear. It probably won’t matter unless you add it to another macro. Just in case i made and tested this.

/tm [@mouseover]8
/tm 0
/tm 8

Should work just fine. I originally added a line to clear the @mouseover marker but it then wouldn’t replace it. And i can’t imagine why it’d be necessary.

I did encounter an issue with it not wanting to mark with mouseover if the current target is already marked. This may just be a local problem with my addons. Regardless it doesn’t impact your requested functionality.

And in case other people were wondering no you can’t mark enemy players. :frowning:

There are a bunch of fun things i can think to do with this. The below marks your current target with a skull while placing a cross on a mouseover’d unit. It also humbly requests that people focus your target when you press a modifier.

Enjoy

/tm [@mouseover]7
/tm 0
/tm 8
/stopmacro [nomod]
/s ----------> are you all you rejects dumb and blind?
/s -----------------------------> {skull} KILL %T {skull}

The {skull} adds the skull icon and %T inserts your targets name into the chat. FYI

1 Like

Because you’re not including an existence check so it always assumes you have a valid mouseover.

/tm [@mouseover,exists] [] 8
3 Likes

THANKS ELVENBANE! Now i am going to use this macro for my tank.

/tm [@mouseover,exists] [] 0
/tm [@mouseover,exists] [] 7
/tm 0
/tm 8

I can get it to mark and say without including the /stopmacro [nomod]. I was also confused because it will add a marker but clicking the button again won’t remove the marker.