Mouse Turning into 4 Way Arrow on Right Click

same game is unplayable

The game is literally unplayable for me. I have reinstalled, disabled all addons, installed to a new drive, reinstalled GPU drivers. This is absurd.

1 Like

This happens more and more frequently, please fix it as soon as possible, I can’t play normally anymore.

have this same issue. had to lock cursor to the window and restart game. not sure if its working right or i was just being extra careful after that

Having the same problem here. Only solution I’ve found so far is to restart the game.

1 Like

Getting this issue as well. It went away for some time until I had to reinstall Windows 11. I’ve done clean launches, repairs, reinstalls & driver checks as well as just about every other solution.

One thing I’ve noticed is that it typically only happens after I tab back in, and there’s a graphical ‘box’ flash that occurs in the middle of the screen and distorts the game as if some sort of program is launching or trying to take priority. It only lasts for half a second.

The only other things I might have in common is my computer is an HP, and I have McAfee and the Razer Synapse software up. Not sure if anyone is in the same boat there.

I really hope this is fixed in a reasonable time. It’s very clearly on Blizzard’s end. It doesn’t make the game unplayable, exactly, but it’s distracting enough and causes wrist fatigue from the mouse not snapping back to the center.

Someone FIX this ASAP!!!

Logged in today for the first time in several days (maybe a week), and voila, the problem has stopped happening. I didn’t change anything. I don’t think Windows had any updates, although it might have.

For reference, the problem was happening to me immediately, every time I logged in, on every character; I didn’t have to do anything to “trigger” it. But now it’s just not happening at all (so far, anyway; fingers crossed).

EDIT: It started happening again when I logged into a different character (without exiting the game client). I was logged into my mage for half an hour or so, no problem; switched over to my DH, and suddenly the problem was occurring again.

This started happening to me tonight. I was streaming at the time so I clipped one occurrence. It happens at 0:19 in the clip. I am running on a single monitor in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. Exiting the game and restarting the game cleared it for me temporarily but it always happens again. Here is the URL for the clip https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverInnocentTurtleSwiftRage-jlC726Yhxe2aS2LX

Yea also having the same issue on classic wotlk but not on retail which is oddly weird?? I was fine on retail but when I got on to classic it happen.

I am getting it on retail and it is driving me crazy

When I fixed the game frame rate at 60hz, the situation improved. I have played for an hour without this problem.

1 Like

can confirm this is still an issue. just had my first experience dealing with it in the middle of a skirmish. it happened to me after i was spinning my camera around REALLY REALLY fast, then suddenly it stopped spinning, and when i got into the match i noticed the little cross.

1 Like

I would absolutely love a fix or workaround to this issue. It breaks the gameplay for me and I have to constantly restart client to fix (until it happens again). Whatever is setting MouseNoRepositioning starting happening for me at the patch 4-6 weeks ago.

1 Like

Happened twice to me today in the middle of m+, never happened before and I play this game a LOT. Nothing has changed today that would have caused this to start, have not even updated addons in weeks.

This has been happening to me for months and months at this point. It seems to be happening more often lately, too. At least once per day. When it ends up happening… I just logout of the game completely and go play something else (which is probably not ideal for Blizzard).

I have no repro steps or anything helpful to add to it at all other than it seems completely random (can happen seconds after logging in, or hours after doing nothing of interest when killing/looting mobs).

Just another hand-raise in the room that this happens to me very, very frequently… on multiple computers and multiple WoW versions (WoW Classic Era, Wotlk Classic, and Retail).

I’d hook up some type of client event logger for Blizzard QA and simply play the game like a normal player and hope that the event gets captured.

I cannot fully describe how annoying this bug is. It’d be way less so if a reloadui worked but, no, you need to completely close WoW and re-launch it to get your mouse back to a normal state.

2 Likes

I am able to reproduce the problem by following thugn’s steps as well. Sometimes it takes a few tries, and I have to move the mouse quite rapidly, but it reproduces it without fail.

My best workaround right now is to be slower and more careful with my camera movements in m+, but that isn’t ideal and can’t always be helped. Hope blizzard can figure out why this is happening.

What worked for me after trying a bunch of different solutions is - running the game as administrator. Haven’t been able to reproduce the cursor bug since doing this. Haven’t tested for long so would appreciate if someone else could confirm it.

To do this:

1. find Wow.exe or Wowclassic.exe in your retail or classic folder
  2. right click - properties
  3. in compatibility tab select Run this program as administrator
    Launch game normally through launcher.

This is happening to me too. Have three monitors. Seems to happen at random. Only restarting the game fixes it.

Just tried this and the problem still happens. :frowning:

edit: After using the run as administrator option, it still happens, but it seems to be significantly less frequent. Did 8 keys today and didn’t have it happen once during them.