Mouse sometimes getting "stuck" on button on actionbar when moving cursor between monitors

You need to move it out of the folder for testing. Disabling doesn’t do much.

2 Likes

I can confirm as of today that the problem happened again, whilst on my Mage on BC Classic and Details was fully removed earlier that day. Deleted from folder, and game was not open so was opened fresh with no trace of it remaining.

I tried to get a screenshot showing my cursors position with the tooltip up that it was stuck on, but pressing print screen didn’t show it so I felt like it wasn’t conclusive enough proof.

Either way, it’s definitely still happening and not related to Details.

When you tried the fresh install, did you install addons before testing if it happens?

I think you might be getting confused with what I did here. You asked previously and informed me that disabling Details doesn’t do much. I fully removed Details from the folder.

By “fresh start” all I meant was that I did this when the game wasn’t running or anything weird like that. Like my game and bnet were fully closed, my computer even since then had rebooted, etc. There is no presence of Details remaining at all, but the rest of my UI does remain.

So to answer your question “And disabling Details doesn’t fix it?” the answer is No

Removing an addon folder with its name doesn’t fully remove its effects on the game. Other files outside the Addon folder can interfere. Doing a full UI reset would be the recommended step here. This will wipe out any settings for other addons, so it’s best to back everything up first. Then, you would need to test without adding any addons back into the folder.

I’m confident this is an addon issue, since most people who wipe their UI stop experiencing it.

1 Like

The only fixes i have found are 2

1. when this happens restart the client; /reload will not help.

2. sometimes you can click on the wow tab on the task bar and attempt to alt tab, and then click on the wow tab again and this usually does the trick.

as for the cause; no idea but its a new problem ish

I’m having this problem off and on for a while now.
If I do a full reset, can I restore things without also restoring the problem? Is everything reset? Like custom assigned keys to action bars and macros?
The idea of redoing all my actionbars, keybinds and whatnot is not a pleasant one. Addons I can live with, but trying to get everything back to where muscle memory is would be a huge pain.

Well, I can’t really answer that since we don’t know if the problem is one of your addons :slight_smile:

As for redoing all that, Blizzard keybinds will need to be reset, but action bars and such should be saved with the addon data.

This seems to be an issue still. Patch 9.2.5 comes out on 5/31/2022. Will have to see if it’s an undocumented fix.

1 Like

Did you perform a UI reset and test without addons yet?

They do now since you told them you were on an illegal server. As to the mouse issue, yes, Blizzard is aware there seems to be a possible issue for some players with the mouse. There have been plenty of threads made about the issue on this and the bug report forum.

Sweet, good to know

Anyone actually solve this yet?

Still having the issue here. I’ve since asked around on a variety of different Addon related Discords to gather information to see if people have noticed it (WoW Addons, Tuk/Elv, Details, etc) and lots of them have anecdotes from people who notice it and have it but haven’t actually cared enough or bothered them enough to troubleshoot the issue unfortunately to know the source of it.

1 Like

What troubleshooting have you performed though? Did you do the UI reset?

1 Like

I’m having this EXACT issue atm. It started a few weeks ago and I cannot find a solution for it anywhere. Has anyone else been successful with solving this?

Narrator: It was not an undocumented fix…

I’ve had to move all my consumables to different buttons due to wasting so many from this issue.

Really hope that blizz looks into it soon, instead of just letting a forum mvp ask dozens of people to reset their UIs. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve had to turn off the interface option to automatically dismount because I kept getting dismounted by actions or items in one of the right-side action bars snagging the mouse pointer so that things like trying to change in-flight direction dismounted me at Wile E. Coyote splat heights.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.