Mouse right click/turning issues - solved

I’ve seen several other threads on this topic and wanted to share my findings and a solution. I currently have a Razer Naga Trinity and have been having issues with keyboard strafing/turning (using “A” and “D” buttons) while holding down the right mouse button, primarily in pvp when circling someone. On several occasions the mouse button would “unlock” and my camera would start circling (yes - very annoying).

I read several threads on the forums and some suggested mouse software, wow settings, and possibly hardware. For me, it turned out to be the hardware. Here’s how I found out:

1. Go to this website https://codepen.io/blink172/pen/vERyxK (don’t worry it’s legit)
  2. Begin clicking into the orange area with the right mouse button (or left if you think that’s the issue)
  3. Now, here’s the important part - pay attention to the NUMBER of clicks registering. When you press the mouse button, don’t just click and release. HOLD IT DOWN for a few seconds and see how many clicks register. This is where I found my problem. When I tested the left mouse button, each click registered properly, but when I tested the right button, it would register SEVERAL clicks after holding button down a few seconds after only clicking once.

My mouse is about 4 years old so I’m sure now that’s the problem. Again, I thought I would share my findings if anyone is having similar issues.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.