Mouse Double Click Problem

I used a Razer Naga Hex Red for about 6 years before it developed this double/click spam problem in the LMB. It was probably my favorite mouse ever, as I just can’t acclimate to the 12 button MMO mouse nonsense, and I was sad to see it fail.

I replaced it with a Naga Trinity, since I liked the idea of being able to switch out the 2-button and 7-button side panels. That one developed the double click problem after something like 6 months, again only the LMB. I’ve been pissed off about this, and blame Razer, although I now know this is an issue for which Razer isn’t solely to blame:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/o1a51i/failing_switch_problem_omron_vs_the_modern_mouse/

For anyone else whose had this problem with failing mice and have tried some of the ones with optical switches, what’s been your experience? What did you go with?

I tried out the Corsair M65 Ultra, which has optical switches, but hated the ergonomics of the thing and had to return it. Make no mistake, it was a fine mouse, but the back end is too tapered for my liking; maybe I’ve gotten used to the way Razer mice fit the hand. I’ve ordered a Steelseries Prime Mini, which should get here today. While I forgo all the nice buttons useful to playing an MMO, I’m kind of looking forward to playing with a normal mouse again.

Sadly, I’ll probably eventually land on the Naga Trinity V2 Pro, but right now, I’m on a very screw Razer fit.

And I don’t like the Logitech mice. Any of them. I also hate all the RGB crap.

Your Naga Trinity should still be under warranty. I’d at least start with getting it replaced. Razer quality is awful but sometimes you’ll get a mouse that lasts a long time. I can’t really suggest anything else because Razer is all I’ve used until recently.

I don’t think it is. It’s a V1 I bought back in early 2020 when I thought I lost my Hex Red mouse. I hear you can interchange the Naga Trinity V1 and V2 side plates, which is nice, since I hate what they did with the 6-button side plate. I liked the circle of keys.

I’m actually really happy with this Steelseries Prime Mini so far, it’s a really solid mouse. Gonna take some adjustments to living without extra buttons, though.