Mouse Cursor Problems

I have been dealing with this particular mouse issue since BFA Launch. Previously it would snap to the center of my screen. Please watch video. Does anyone know of a fix??? I’ve spent hours reading forums online about this issue and I am getting to the point where it’s driving me insane where I no longer want to play WoW.

1 Like

Hi Rayzex

Over time I have compiled a list of possible fixes for these mouse issues. Not sure what you have tried - check through the list here:

(1) In the mouse software lower “Polling Rate” to 100 - 125 range.

(2) If you have Razer Synapse software check that the Razer “Stats” software is not enabled. Open Synapse - along top bar is “Stats”. Open that - if enabled - disable “Data Tracking” in the Stat’s settings.

(3) Try disabling Foreground FPS limiter on Menu > System > Advanced.

(4) If you have a Wacom device you might disable things there or temporarily uninstall the Wacom drivers to test.

(5) Enable the rawMouse CVar. Open a chat box then copy/paste this line. Ctrl + V will paste it.

/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

To check that the script worked go to the Wow folder > WTF - look for the Config file. Open with notepad. This should be at the bottom of CVar list:

SET rawMouseEnable “1” (0 - zero is off)

(6) On Battle.net App under “Options” Go to Game Settings > General - scroll down then check that Hardware Acceleration is enabled.

(7) *(The settings below are a Windows 10 feature - they have proven to be problematic - you would want to make the changes to avoid other issues as well)

Navigate to the main Wow folder. Down near the bottom of the list is the Wow icon (W) icon.

Right click on the Wow icon. Select “Properties” at bottom of list. Then select “Compatibility” tab along top of next pane.

At the bottom of that select (check) “Disable Fullscreen Optimization”

(8) Disable NVidia Share then close Geforce Experience

1 Like

Hey there,

I had this issue a ton before and this patch seems to have fixed it for me, although now it’s sadly cropping up for many others.

I wanted to mention that, while troubleshooting, you can replicate this issue pretty easily by dragging your cursor above the center of your screen a distance, hold down right click, then slide the mouse either left or right quickly then release (repeat this quickly to try to get the cursor to reset for testing purposes). In ideal circumstance, the cursor hasn’t reset to the center or slid in the direction of the movement. This should assist you as you try the troubleshooting to quickly test and try something else.

Apparently the most likely cause so far sounds like either a problem addon or other program on your pc messing with WoW that causes the issue, and resetting these things can be a huge pain with how Twitch or other software’s overlays attempt to save your settings.

Hopefully you get it fixed!

found a fix for this on EU forums from a GM! Worked for me but I also did what the MVP posted many times throughout the years with no luck and did this last so if this dont work also try what the MVP said.

30 Jan 2017
(Edited)

Hey again all,

I have done some more digging and found out that there was a fix added in 7.1.5 to counter an issue with the mouse cursor disappearing and resetting to the center of the screen. It at least sounds very similar as to what is being discussed here.

The actual fix also brought in a new variable: rawMouseEnable which by default should be set to 0 but may help with the mouse cursor moving to the center when set to 1.

You can check the current value of that variable in-game by typing:

/dump GetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”)

If you see the result: [1]=“0”, then try typing:

/console rawMouseEnable 1

1 Like

100% Solution
So the problem actually lies with the in game mouse settings itself. Firstly you’ll want to use these commands in game.
/script SetCVar(“rawMouseAccelerationEnable”, 0);
/script SetCVar(“rawMouseEnable”, 1);

Now here is the tricky part. You CAN NOT adjust your mouse look speed or mouse speed at all in game. You have to actually change your mouse dpi in your mouse application via logitech, razer, corsair or with some mice on the actual mouse itself via a dpi button (final mouse for example). 1600 dpi is the base wow dpi and usually doesn’t have issues.

If you want to adjust your look speed to slow down a bit or your mouse sensitivity, simply go into the windows search bar:

Search “Mouse Settings”
On the upper right hand side select “Additional Mouse Options”
Select the “Pointer Options” tab at the top of the window and move it to the 4th line. (Adjust the line to whatever you desire)

I have been having the same issue myself, but its a tad different. My issue is that when I right click my mouse, it will randomly start to flicker, or reappear while still holding down MouseRightClick…These makes it extremely annoying when trying to pan my character or move around.

I have tried ALLLL suggestions and still nothing

This sounds like a problem with the micro switches in your mouse. You may have to replace the switches or replace your mouse altogether.

Necro to share my solution since this comes up with Google Search. Thank you very much Rayzek. Changing the Logitech polling rate to 120 finally solved it for me. I messed with this for years too, so I’m glad I can say it’s finally solved.

[Edited by Moderator]
This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.